BITSAT Vs. JEE Main: Once 12th or +2 schooling is completed, students aim to get into the top educational institutions for graduation. With the advanced coaching provided these days at the school for competitive exams, it becomes a quite tricky task for the students to choose the best entrance exam. There are chances for various entrance exams to attend, but prioritizing a single exam is important.
So, if there is a comparison between Advanced JEE and BITSAT, then BITSAT is more preferable. Before going to tell you the benefits of writing BITSAT, have a look at it.
What is BITSAT?
BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test) is an online test conducted for entrance into Engineering, Architecture and Science streams. On qualifying the exam, the candidates will get a chance to grab a seat in BITS Pilani, BITS Goa, and BITS Hyderabad campuses.
Now, to have a clear idea for the eligibility criteria,
Have a look at these below points:
▪ Candidates should pass 12 or +2 from a central or state board recognized school.
▪ 60% should be the minimum score for each subject mentioned below and must have an aggregate of 75%.
▪ Candidates should have studied Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as primary subjects.
▪ If you are applying for B.Pharmacy, then you must have studied Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
Well, this is the eligibility criteria and about BITSAT. But if you talk about JEE Main then, it’s also important because you get a chance to study in IITs and NITs.
So, to make your confusion clear, I will be helping you with the pros of attempting a BITSAT.
BITSAT over JEE Main
▪ When compared to JEE Main, BITSAT will have less competition. Usually, the BITSAT exam starts after the completion of JEE. So, there is a chance that top candidates might have placed in IITs and NITs. In this, you can hover over with less competition, and you get an opportunity to crack the exam.
▪ As the exam is usually after JEE, you can have the chance to prepare much better if you haven’t done well in your JEE Main. Or if you are attempting BITSAT earlier to JEE then, this could be a practice for JEE.
▪ If you attempt BITSAT earlier, then it could be a calm down phase as you will be having hope for JEE. But if you go ahead with JEE, then it has much pressure and tension. So it could help in boosting your confidence as well.
▪ BITSAT provides reasonable weightage for English language and logical skills. This could be a great chance for you to get the best or even a full score in this section. The question will be quite simple, but for a few, it may not be so easy.
▪ The other quite positive point about BITSAT is its strength or count who applies the exam. As there will be less strength of candidates applying, an unavoidable mistake or misplacement made by you may not affect your overall mark distribution or ranking. If you appear an exam with high strength, then obviously for a tiny mistake, there will be a significant difference in your rank.
▪ Preparation for both JEE Main and BITSAT can be done simultaneously.
▪ BITSAT questions are comparatively easy when compared to JEE. As in BITSAT, you will be having less time and more questions. So there is a chance that the question could be simple.
These are the advantage of giving priority to BITSAT over JEE Main.
After going through these, if you aspire to be in BITS Campus, then try to apply for it.
Application Process of BITSAT
Application for BITSAT 2017 will be available online from January 2017 onwards. An online exam would be conducted around the third week of May 2017 to last week of 2017. You must fix a suitable slot for a particular date of your exam. Finally, the results are expected to release by July 2017.
So, go-ahead apply for BITSAT. Nevertheless, try for JEE Main as well.
It’s all about your will and determination to reach your goals. If you want to be an IITian, work hard accordingly. The advantages suggested by me could help you to get through BITSAT.
All the best!