Every one of us dreams of passive income, isn’t it? Earn money while you sleep sounds like a dream. With an affiliate marketing program, you have such an opportunity. All need is to tell about different products and services, and for that, you will earn a commission.
Nowadays there is a high level of competition of goods and services in new Internet resources. Thus, it can be difficult to attract new users and become popular. That is why today affiliate programs are helping to find new customers and earn money. Moreover, e-mail marketing and affiliate marketing are the most popular e-commerce tools. Every day 16 % of all online orders are making thanks to them. In this article, I will help you to understand what affiliate program is, why you need it and how it will help you to make a profit.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a method of promoting a business on the Internet. Many webmasters earn money with it. They just post on their online resource a unique link to another site. When users follow this link and perform a certain action on the customer’s portal (register, buy something), the affiliate receives a cash reward.
The principle of cooperation is as follows. A platform negotiates cooperation with the owners of thematic portals, blogs, and YouTube channels. The customer provides the webmaster with the necessary advertising materials and unique links. The partner publishes them on his resources. After that, he receives income if users click on his link and perform certain actions on the advertiser’s resource.
Why Affiliate Marketing is Growing So Rapidly?
Users are increasingly using the Internet to make direct purchases: order groceries, call a taxi, buy a train ticket, buy new jeans, shoes, etc. Online stores are expanding their reach. Over 80 % of brands are using already the affiliate marketing program.
Affiliate marketing uses many creative tools. For example, advertising on coupon sites (discounts in the form of coupons and promotional codes), cashback services (returning part of the purchase price), etc.
The basis of success is the advertiser’s interest in developing an affiliate program. In this case, a lot depends on the proposals that are made for webmasters.
It is important to consider the following components of the offer:
- The amount of reward;
- Offer conditions (characteristics and user segments, percentage of confirmed orders, the processing time of actions and payment);
- Fame and reputation of the advertiser.
Now the affiliate marketing is at the stage of active development and is the most popular among companies working in the field of e-commerce for B2C (food delivery, ordering tickets, taxis, etc.).
What are the Responsibilities of an Affiliate Manager?
An affiliate manager has to fulfill a wide range of functional responsibilities. He should know how to advertise, how to sell and be a user support specialist. In a word, the profession is universal in nature and requires constant development. It is necessary to improve affiliate programs based on the results of marketing research.
The main responsibilities of an affiliate manager are:
- Create different types of promotion;
- Individual support;
- Search for new channels to attract traffic;
- Counseling and support and of partners;
- Finding new webmasters-partners;
- Analysis of advertising.
Pros and Cons of Affiliate Marketing
Advantages of affiliate programs for webmasters are:
- A decent pay;
- No need to develop your own advertising concept. Banners, articles, keywords and other materials are provided by the advertiser;
- Passive earnings. Even when you are relaxing, users follow your link, thereby increasing your income;
- Distant work. To work with an affiliate program, you only need a computer or smartphone connected to the Internet. Therefore, you can engage in affiliate activities from anywhere in the world.
- A new and popular profession;
- The possibility of continuous professional growth;
- Maintaining long-term interesting projects.
- Quick payback on time and money spent. The first profit can be obtained in a matter of days.
- A wide selection of affiliate programs. Now there are thousands of good affiliate programs on the web.
The list of merits of affiliate marketing is large. The most important thing is that the person works for himself, which means that the level of his income will depend on creative efforts.
As for the disadvantages of affiliate marketing, there are such as:
- Low stability of earnings in the absence of experience.
- Profit is influenced by several factors that are difficult to calculate in advance (the relevance of the product, methods of advertising, etc.).
- Risks with paid methods of promoting an affiliate link.
The experience gained in the process of partnerships is invaluable. This knowledge will be very useful in the future. Perhaps you can create your own unique affiliate marketing scheme and make a fortune on it.
Common Affiliate Program Errors:
- Wrong choice of an affiliate program. It is important to trust your partner. To do this, read reviews about the affiliate program, as well as evaluate the service of your potential partner.
- Attracting inappropriate traffic. It is important to ensure that the product is advertised among potential buyers.
- Promotion of an unfamiliar product. If you do not understand the advertised product and cannot even roughly estimate the demand for it, then it is better to refuse such an affiliate program.
Professional Tips for New Affiliate Marketers
The following professional tips I have collected over time and consider them to be very helpful.
Create A Website Today
I see many people who want to join an affiliate program. But they are planning forever and looking for the perfect theme, which does not exist. And they are wasting precious time in which they could fill their website with great content and attract the first visitors. That’s why the first professional tip for you is – don’t waiting too long and get started today.
I strongly recommend that new affiliates choose a theme for their site that they really find useful. Then content creation is so much easier. Don’t sell, recommend a product.
This point is closely related to the previous one. Instead of selling something, affiliates should offer solutions.
That’s why it’s important to listen to your own website visitors and find out what their problems are. And then you just offer the products that solve their problems.
Good Content is Important
Good content is the alpha and omega of successful affiliate websites. Of course, you can also buy texts, but you will never get the quality and the style as if you wrote the content yourself.
Use Seasonal Highlights
Seasonal events are a great way to publish special content on your website. It might be Christmas gifts, information about spring cleaning and much more. Use seasonal highlights to make your website look livelier and more accessible to visitors.
Instead of theoretically writing about something and listing data, you should report on how you used the products and what they brought you. Describing own experience can make you really successful.
SEO is Important
Google is still the # 1 traffic source for affiliates. So, you should take the search engine optimization seriously. It is important to stick to the rules of Google and not to use unauthorized measures, because that will sooner or later cause trouble with Google.
Learn from Your Mistakes
You cannot avoid making mistakes. Of course, you can learn how to avoid typical mistakes, but this will not work out. But that’s not bad. You usually learn much more from mistakes than from successes. It’s just important that you analyze and learn from your mistakes.
Use Social Media
Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest are indispensable and relevant. Therefore, you should at least be active on a platform and post content appropriate to your affiliate website. You should be as active as possible and act naturally. Only then will people be interested in it.
Do Not Forget About the Call to Action
Build a variety of affiliate links, like a banner and take care of a suitable place for a call to action button or something similar. Of course, you should not overdo it, but visitors should have several options to click on an affiliate link.
Analyze Your Success
Both the statistics of the own website and those of the partner programs offer a lot of potential for optimization and thus for increasing the revenue. That’s why you should analyze regularly which content is well received, how the advertising material works and so on. Only by analyzing how well something works can you improve it.
The own website develops further and therefore it is necessary to maintain it. This may be outdated content that you should update. But even outdated advertising or missing updates need your attention. A well-functional and up-to-date website is very important for the trust of the readers.
Affiliate Marketing Trends That Are Worth Following in 2020
The CPA market continues to evolve and adapt to regularly changing working conditions. Here I selected for you the top 7 trends for 2020.
Mobile Apps and Payments
A mobile phone is a powerful tool now. People are willing to actively spend money on the things they like. And applications installed on mobile devices interest their owners by default. So, it turns out that developers get the most loyal consumers who are ready to make purchases of relevant goods and services.
Siri and Google have been already developed to a decent level. In particular, Alice can interact with the user, answering direct questions and helping with routine tasks. In the near future, we can expect that the voice search will be one of the most important marketing methods.
Teaser networks will soon be able to seriously compete with more expensive sources of live transitions thanks to great moderation, more carefully targeting and relevance settings.
Visual Product Search
The technology, which began its journey in 2017 from the Pinterest network, is gradually spreading over the Internet. Recognizing things in photos and videos has enormous potential for development and distribution on the network. Almost everyone will want to buy a thing they see on the street with just one click.
Today’s customers love to feel individualized with personalized offers rather than automated ones. By collecting and analyzing data, marketing firms can use it to find out what their consumers are and what they like. Using this information, they can create demographic and psychographic offers.
A native ad is an advertisement that looks and is perceived as user-generated or original content. It is not a novelty in the advertising market, but interest in it has increased over the past year. Active advertising takes into account the features of the site and user behavior on it. A user finds it where he usually searches for news or articles of interest to him.
Influencer Marketing is a way to promote products and services through opinion leaders. An influencer can be not only a person but also any group, brand, company or even a place (for example, an interest club) that people trust on certain issues. The secret weapon of recommendation marketing is that it does not look like advertising.
TemplateMonster Affiliate Program
I recommend you to become an Affiliate of TemplateMonster. Why should you choose TemplateMonster as a partner?
Here are the main reasons:
- Becoming a partner company is really very simple.
- Easy registration. It takes only 1 minute.
- TemplateMonster templates have used well around the world, which means they sell well. Agree, it is always easy and pleasant to promote and offer your audience a product of the quality of which you are absolutely sure.
- Not so long ago, the company became a market place, which means that now it offers the widest selection of digital products not only of its own production but also of other professionals.
- As a partner, you will receive the support of a personal manager.
- TemplateMonster has a progressive commission plan, which is important.
- The company offers a range of diverse partnership tools that will make your cooperation even more effective.
- Registration, manager support, and all the necessary promotional content are provided to you absolutely free.
Tools of TemplateMonster’s Affiliate Program
By joining the program, you get access to a variety of affiliate tools. For example, it can be the affiliate showcases. There also collections of templates, banners and landing pages. For those for whom this is not enough, there are special conditions for the reseller program within the framework of the affiliate program TemplateMonster.
The company also provides support for a personal affiliate manager. He will help you find the right tool taking into account the specifics of your business. This is a huge plus for both affiliate marketing beginners and advanced members.
For example, various banners and logos have established themselves as a great way to advertise. Their use does not require any special skills or efforts on your part. You can download banners and logos directly on the program website or you can ask a personal manager to make a custom or promotional version of the banner.
Collections of templates are the coolest tool for web design blogs. You can choose ready-made options for collections of templates and post them on your website. But that’s not all, you can also order other collections of various topics and articles from a personal manager.
Remember, never forget to use affiliate links with your affiliate parameter. This is necessary to calculate the commission on your affiliate account.
It’s also very convenient to use landing pages to constantly display TemplateMonster products on your website. They are available in various styles. You can choose the design that suits you and begin to attract natural traffic and increase the number of sales.
Benefits of TemplateMonster’s Affiliate Marketing Program
- The project works with many popular languages (Spanish, German, French, Italian, etc.), which allows you to work with different audiences.
- Getting up to 50% commission on the sale (appx. $45).
- Free technical support and documentation for webmasters.
- The average bill is $80-90. With a minimum rate of 30%, you will receive 27 bucks for each transaction.
- Many payment options: Payoneer, ACH, Skrill, PayPal, SWIFT transfers, and most importantly Webmoney!
- All the necessary tools: landing pages, widgets, store scripts, etc.
- Cookies are stored for 365 days. If within a year the customer you brought in makes a repeat sale, you will also receive income.
- You get 5% of the income of new attracted members.
- A large number of layouts to choose from.
- Tracking the results according to detailed statistics.
How to Start Making Money with TemplateMonster Affiliate Program?
To start making money using Template Monster, go to their official website and sign up. It is free and fast to register. If you don’t want to sign up, you can also leave your email address and get all the details per email. Anyone can become a partner with Template Monster.
- There is an option for bloggers. You can simply recommend Template Monster for your audience and friends.
- A webmaster can create widgets to control traffic as a partner too.
- Anyone can make money by promoting TemplateMonster offers in social media.
Earnings on affiliate programs – this is one of the easiest ways to make a profit on the Internet for beginners.
I think I clearly explained such an instrument as an affiliate program and talked about how it works. To follow the release of new articles, subscribe to blog updates.
If you still have questions or want to share your experience, write below in the comments.