Nowadays, a lot of users are shifting from Android to iPhone. Thus users need to migrate Android phones’ apps and data to their iPhones. Further, WhatsApp messages and data are very crucial to transfer. Since iOS & Android are starkly different, the process becomes very painful.
Apple made an app called “Move to iOS,” but it fails very often to serve the purpose. For example, the app either transfers incomplete data or fails altogether. Further, it only supports the updated iOS 15.5 or newer versions. This looks troublesome, right?
We researched and found an amazing tool to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iOS easily. The new iToolab WatsGo WhatsApp Transfer allows you to transfer your WhatsApp data & makes your transition to iPhone happier.
In this article, we will discuss the new iToolab WatsGo & other transfer and backup tools to migrate your WhatsApp data. Now let us look at popular ways to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone.
Transfer WhatsApp between Android and iPhone with iToolab WatsGo
This is one of the fastest and most convenient ways to transfer all your WhatsApp chats and files. You can follow these simple steps to transfer the data files.
1. Download the iToolab WatsGo from the official website and install it on your Windows computer.
2. From the left-hand side menu, choose WhatsApp, WhatsApp Business, or GBWhatsApp.
3. We’ve planned to transfer WhatsApp, so tap the “Start” button.
4. Connect your iPhone and Android device to the computer using the USB cable.
5. Click the “Transfer” button.
6. Click the “Continue” button. It will overwrite the existing WhatsApp data on your iPhone. You also click the Backup button to take the backup before overwriting the data.
7. Please select the media files you want to transfer. Uncheck the unnecessary attachment. It will speed up the transfer process.
8. Follow the screen instructions to enable 64-bit end-to-end encrypted backup on your Android phone and note down the encryption key.
9. WatGo starts obtaining WhatsApp backup data, generating backup data, and decrypting backup data.
10. Enter the 64-bit encryption on the verification screen.
11. After that, it starts generating data that can be restored on your iPhone.
12. It transfers data to the target device.
13. Shortly, your iPhone reboots.
Thus, you can access all the WhatsApp chats & messages on your new iPhone.
iToolab WatsGo Features
- The WhatsApp, WhatsApp Business, and GBWhatsApp data can be transferred across Android and iOS.
- Various data kinds, such as contacts, pictures, videos, and conversations.
- Download and transfer WhatsApp backup between your iPhone and Android device.
- Back up WhatsApp to a PC without using Google Drive, iCloud, or iTunes.
- Preview and restore the WhatsApp backup.
- Compatible with Android and iOS devices.
- Completely functional on iOS 16 and Android 13.
Transfer WhatsApp From Android to iPhone using Google Drive
On Android phones, by default, WhatsApp transfers data to Google Drive to create a backup. This cloud backup can transfer WhatsApp data to another Android device. But there is no way to restore backup to an iPhone from Google Drive. Thankfully iToolab WatsGo has got you covered. Using this, you can restore your WhatsApp to Android and iPhone using Google Drive.
Following are the steps to restore WhatsApp data from Google Drive:
1. Download and install the iToolab WatsGo from the official website on your desktop & open it.
2. Click on “Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive,” and Sign in to your Google account that has WhatsApp backup.
3. WatsGo will fetch & show you the list of all WhatsApp data backups found. Choose the one you want to download.
4. Once the Android backup is downloaded, connect your iPhone. Remember, the existing WhatsApp data on your iPhone will be overwritten. You can back it up.
5. Log into your WhatsApp account to access the restored data.
6. Click the “Logged in” button on the screen.
7. Please select the media files you want to transfer. You may skip unnecessary attachments.
8. Click the Continue button.
9. It initiates restoring WhatsApp data on your iPhone. Once the restoration completes, it shows you a message “Restored data successfully.”
Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone via Email
If you want to migrate your WhatsApp chat history, there is an easy way. But the issue is that chats won’t be restored to your iPhone. Instead, you can just see the conversations in a text file.
This method is simple and suitable for saving a few chats. You should exclude the media files (as email has storage limits). You can follow these steps to do so.
1. Open WhatsApp on your Android phone.
2. Tap on the three dots (⋮) at the top right corner, then on “Settings.”
3. Next, tap Chats > Chat History > Export Chat.
4. Choose the chat you want to export. You can choose if you want to include media files or not.
5. On the next page, choose to send chats via Gmail (Email).
6. Next, type in the email you want to share the chat with
7. Tap the “Send” icon.
Open the email app on your iPhone and download the chats text file. Now, you will see all the conversations.
Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone without PC
Apple made this official app to migrate your files from Android to iOS. But the process is full of hurdles and glitches. Let’s see the steps to move your Android data to your iPhone with the Move to iOS app. Later look at some of the issues it may have during data migration.
Steps to complete on Android phone
- Install the “Move to iOS” app on your Android device from Play Store and open it.
- Tap the “Continue” button and agree with the terms and conditions.
- On the Find your code screen, tap the Continue button.
- It asks you to enter the one-time code.
Steps to complete on iPhone
- To get this code from your iPhone, factory reset it.
- Open Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- On the Erase This iPhone page, tap the Continue button.
- Enter your iPhone’s Passcode.
- It backups your data to iCloud. You may tap the Skip Backup button if you don’t need a backup.
- Enter your Apple ID password.
- Tap the Erase iPhone button. It starts factory resetting your phone.
- Complete the steps to set up your phone.
- Make sure to connect your Android and iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network & plug both of them into the charger.
- Do the initial settings on your iPhone until you see the “Apps & Data” screen.
- From the list, tap on ‘Move data from Android.’ Tap Continue.
- You will see a six-digit One-Time Code.
Steps to complete on Android phone
- Enter the 6-digit code in the text field on your Android device.
- Click on ‘Connect’ on your Android phone.
- You can select WhatsApp along with other files on the next screen that shows up.
- From the screen that pops up after tapping WhatsApp, tap Start >Next and then ‘Continue.’
- The transfer process has begun. As it completes, tap the Done button.
Steps to complete on iPhone
- Complete the setup on your iPhone.
- Install the WhatsApp app on your iPhone from AppStore when it’s done. Then, sign in to your WhatsApp account.
- Once you reach the “Move Chats from Android” screen.
- Tap ‘Start’ & allow permissions when prompted.
- It shortly moves your chats from Android.
- When it prompts “Chat History Moved to iPhone.” Tap the Next button.
- Set your WhatsApp profile.
- You will now see all your chats migrated from Android to iPhone.
There are many problems users face during data transfer. Let’s discuss some of them.
Problems with the Move to iOS App
- It requires that the iPhone must be brand new or factory reset to begin with. Thus, your iPhone data needs to be wiped out, which is not good.
- The process may fail many times in between when the network connection is slow or lost.
- It happens with users that WhatsApp fails to recognize the migrated data & thus, the data transfer fails.
- It will only transfer chat, media, and certain files only. This means your call & video chat history, profile picture, and status may be lost.
- You cannot transfer all types of data with the app. It only supports the transfer of call logs, files, music & few apps.
Besides, there are failures due to unknown reasons. You must also note that this method doesn’t support all Android and iOS versions. Thus it is not helpful for many users who don’t meet its requirements. Let us look at some of them.
To transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone, you must meet the following specifications first.
- You must have iOS 15.5 & Android 5 or newer to use the App.
- You must continue with the same number on WhatsApp.
- iPhone settings should be put to default
- Both iPhone and Android devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. You can also use your Android phone’s hotspot on your iPhone to proceed.
- WhatsApp iOS must be 22.214.171.124n or later & Android WhatsApp must be 126.96.36.199 or later.
Many users are shifting from Android to iPhones. They need to transfer their old data to iPhones, out of which WhatsApp is most important. Unfortunately, there is no direct way to move the WhatsApp data to iPhone. Apple made an official app called “Move to iOS” for this purpose, but you can’t guarantee a successful transfer.
The best way to do this job is to use the iToolab WatsGo tool. Its simple interface allows you to easily transfer your WhatsApp data. We have also covered other methods like Google Drive backup & Email transfer.
I hope you found this article helpful about transferring WhatsApp messages to your new iPhone, be generous and share if you liked it. If you have some doubts or suggestions, feel free to comment below.
Thus, it is how you can transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iOS with or without PC.
You can try the “Move to iOS” app. It is an official app from Apple. Else, you can use the “iToolab WatsGo,” if it doesn’t work. The steps have been covered in our article.
Yes, it is safe to transfer your encrypted WhatsApp date from Android to iPhone. If you are using the official Move to iOS app to transfer your app through Wi-Fi, then never use a public Wi-Fi network.
You face this issue as there is no direct way to transfer to move WhatsApp to your iPhone. You can use the “Move to iOS” app or “iToolab WatsGo” if the former doesn’t work.