WhatsApp for desktop helps the users to connect with their family and friends using their personal computers. WhatsApp desktop version will work only when it is in sync with the phone. This is because it helps the app to stay secured. Therein, the messages are sent to a particular device and help identify whether any of the user’s account is hacked or not and stop them from using the hacked account.
WhatsApp is a cross-platform messaging app used by any operating system like Android, iOS, Windows, and Blackberry. This is the best app of its kind, which has an efficient user interface that is simple and is always connected.
The app includes audio, text, video, emojis, and photos that make communication more exciting and simple. Even when the user fails to turn on the notification or switch off their device, the app will save all the messages so that the user can view the messages when they open the app.
Similarly, the user need not include the friends to join in the chat or create a new contact list for the app; instead, the app automatically gets connected with the contact list and displays the number of members using the app from the user’s contact list.
How to Use WhatsApp on Desktop?
The app offers the users an alternate option that helps them switch from the traditional way of messaging to the modern world of communication, sending unlimited messages, photos, notes, and video clips. The process of downloading WhatsApp and installing it is straightforward, the users have to give only their contact number, and they will receive an OTP with which they can complete the process and start using the app.
For the users to send audio, video files, and documents, other things can download the app on their personal computer. During the installation process, if the user comes across any messages like graphics card driver outdated or graphics card not found, they have to replace the card or driver according to the system’s updated version.
Initially, the users could use the WhatsApp Web with the help of a third-party app and improve their service and security, and they have released an exclusive desktop app version. The WhatsApp desktop version is available for the iOS 12 and higher versions and from Windows 10 to its higher versions.
- The users who wish to download WhatsApp for desktop can download the app from its blog using the desktop browser.
- Once when the user installs the app, they must open the app can find a QR code.
- The user has to scan the QR code using their mobile phone and sync it with their smartphone.
- The WhatsApp’s Web menu is found under the ‘Settings’ option in their device app.
Since the user uses the app’s desktop version, they will get to use different keyboard shortcuts, desktop notifications, and other features.
WhatsApp Desktop for Windows
The WhatsApp Desktop for Windows (the messenger app) is available for the Windows operating system from Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. The users can follow these basic steps to help them access the app on their personal computers or laptops.
- The user has to search for WhatsApp from their browser, and they must make sure that the desktop app is for the Windows operating system.
- A setup file pops up from the screen, and the user has to click on the ‘Save file’ option to save the app in their system.
- Once when the .exe file is saved in the system, it automatically runs. If the app does not run automatically, the user has to head to the Downloads folder and run the file.
- During the process of running the .exe file, a QR code pops up on the screen.
- The user must scan the QR code on their smartphone. To scan the QR code, the user has to open the WhatsApp app and click on the ‘Menu’ to select the ‘WhatsApp Web’ option.
- When the system recognizes the QR code, it automatically links to the account that the user is using on their phone.
Thus, the user can access the messenger from their laptop or PC. The user must ensure that the smartphone is connected to the Wi-Fi connection to avoid hefty internet bills.
WhatsApp Desktop for Mac
The Mac users can also access the WhatsApp Desktop from their Macbook or iMac. The app is available for the Mac operating system from Mac 10.9 to its higher versions.
Download WhatsApp Desktop for Mac from Apple App Store
1. The user can download the WhatsApp desktop for Mac from the Apple App Store.
The download will start, and you can check the progress in the following manner.
Launch the app and skip to step 3.
Download WhatsApp Desktop for Mac from Website
Alternatively, download the app for the official website.
2. After downloading WhatsApp Desktop, double click the “WhatsApp.dmg” setup, and move the app to the application folder in their system.
3. Now open the WhatsApp Desktop. The user will receive a QR code on the screen. To open their messenger app from their smartphone and scan the QR code using their iPhone or another smartphone.
The user must make sure that his smartphone and Mac computer have access to data connectivity to sync the app between both devices.
4. To scan the QR code, the user has to click on the dotted icon that appears in the app’s top right corner on their smartphone. They have to select the ‘WhatsApp Web’ option from the menu.
5. When the user selects the “WhatsApp Web” option, a QR scanner is automatically opened on the device to scan the code.
6. When the code is recognized, the user gets linked to their WhatsApp conversations and contacts.
WhatsApp Web works perfectly in all the browsers like Firefox, Google Chrome, and Opera with many features and facilities. Still, with the Safari browser- some of the features are not available or supported.
The user can send and receive messages, receive notifications, share notes, media files, and even group chat with their family and friends. Since that desktop app is in sync with the smartphone app, users can see the messages on both their system and phone. If the phone is not connected to the internet, the user will not read or receive messages on their phone as the messages are put on hold until it gets data connectivity. If the user does not want to send or receive any messages using the WhatsApp desktop app, they can log out of the app from the desktop.