Isn’t it annoying that you were streaming your favorite show on Hulu, and suddenly the app went down? All you can see on the screen is “We are having trouble playing this,” & reason for this is “Hulu error code p-dev320“. Now you are worried; what the hell is it?” Is my device hacked or what?” “How to fix this error?” If you have these thoughts, don’t worry! We will guide you through all of this.
Regarding movies and OTT streaming, Hulu is next to Netflix for many. For others, it is their primary choice. Hulu is an Over-the-top (OTT) streaming app that started in 2007, and Disney, another mass-media giant, owns its two-thirds stake. The Hulu app provides streaming services from movies to web series. Besides, it also makes in-house content as “Hulu Originals.”
Like all internet services, Hulu is also prone to bugs and errors. Whenever any problem occurs, Hulu shows error codes like p-dev318, p-dev340, p-dev322, p-dev302, p-ts207, p-edu125, rununk13, etc. However, the Hulu error code p-dev320 is persistent. Here, we will discuss that only. So let’s look at this error and how you can fix it.
Why does Hulu Error Code p-dev320 appear?
The error message p-dev320 shows up on the screen for several reasons, like an outdated Hulu app or poor internet speed. The causes of Hulu error code p-dev320 are the following:
- Your internet connection is lost due to some reason.
- Your device cannot connect to the main Hulu servers.
- The Hulu app you are using is not updated.
- The Hulu services have some issues on their end.
Whatever may be the case, the point is these types of errors are very frustrating when they show up in the middle of our favorite show. Also, they are as painful to resolve. But don’t worry; there are easy ways to fix them; we have discussed this next.
How to Fix Hulu Error Code p-dev320?
Let’s look at the methods you can use to resolve the Hulu error. However, if these tips don’t work, it is a problem on Hulu’s end, and they will correct it.
Restart the Hulu App
No doubt, this is the universal trick that works on most devices and solves various issues with Hulu. Like when people feel dizzy, they take a nap to refresh; a restart would do the job for your device.
On your smart TV, you must press the back button 2-3 times until you see the home interface or simply press the Home button on the remote. For mobile apps,
- Tap on the Home icon in the lower middle of the screen.
- Close all the running apps.
- Drag and swipe up from the bottom of your phone screen.
- It will show up all the apps running in the background.
- Next, swipe up the Hulu app to close it.
- Once you close the app, reopen it.
In most cases, this will troubleshoot Hulu error code p-dev320.
Update the Hulu App
The error can occur due to bugs. So Hulu fixes the bugs and adds new features through app updates occasionally. You must update the app to the latest version to avail of these services. This may also fix the p-dev320 error.
- Open the Google Play Store app on your device.
- Tap on your profile icon at the top right corner.
- Next, tap Manage Apps & Device > Updates Available.
- Find and tap on the Update button near the Hulu icon.
- Open the Apple Store on your iPhone.
- Tap on the profile icon at the top right.
- Scroll down and tap Update just beside the Hulu icon.
Go and relaunch the app once it is updated. In most cases, this would fix the problem.
Change the Device
If you are getting error code p-dev320 on Hulu, it may be due to your device only. Use Hulu on a different device to check for the error.
For example, if you’re using a mobile phone, open Hulu on a tablet or another device. In the case of smart TV, you can switch to a laptop. If the app runs properly on the alternate device, the issue is restricted to that device only, not a problem with the Hulu service.
To fix the problem with the primary Hulu device,
- Close and relaunch all the apps on your phone, smart TV, Apple TV, Roku, or Xbox One.
- Alternatively, restart your device.
This hopefully would resolve the issue related to Hulu streaming; else, try the following ways.
Reset Your Network Connection
If the error persists on all of your devices, then most probably, your network connection is behind the problem. If your internet connectivity is lost or slow, you may also get the error code p-dev320. To fix the connection issue, you can try these things:
- Reset your router and reconnect the device to the network.
- Remove/Forget the WiFi network on the device and reconnect to it again.
- Check your internet connection speed. In case it’s too slow, contact the service provider or wait till it recovers the speed.
- Unplug the MODEM from the power source and reconnect it. This will reset your MODEM & internet connection.
Perhaps, Hulu works perfectly, and the connection problem now doesn’t exist on your streaming device. If not, keep reading for another solution.
Sometimes the corrupt data may also interrupt Hulu’s services. In that case, you need to delete the cache files. You can delete the Hulu app cache in the following steps:
- On your phone, open Settings > Apps.
- Next, Tap on Hulu from the list.
- Now open Storage.
- Finally, tap on Clear Cache.
Since there is no particular way to clear cache memory in iPhone, thus alternatively, you can delete and then reinstall Hulu. This would clear the cache files in the app by default.
Check if Hulu is Down
Although it is less likely sometimes the Hulu server goes offline. This happens due to heavy app traffic or the server being under maintenance. Unfortunately, you cannot do much about it except wait until the services return online.
You can confirm on social media and Twitter if Hulu is down everywhere or only at your location. There you can also get the update when the server is back online.
Hulu is a popular OTT streaming platform. Sometimes, suddenly, it goes down and shows the Hulu error code p-dev320. But you don’t need to worry as this is a widespread problem. We have mentioned the methods and tips to help you solve this issue. Try all of them one by one. Still, if the problem persists, you can contact Hulu support and report the problem.
I hope this article helped you to fix the Hulu error code. If you still have any queries, you can comment them below.
What does Hulu error code p-dev320 mean?
You get this error message due to an outdated app, bug, internet connection problem, or server outage.
How to communicate with the Hulu service?
You can contact Hulu customer service through their help page, community, chat support, email (firstname.lastname@example.org), and phone number (888) 265-6650.