Google Blogger/Blogspot is a rich blogging platform and enriched with lots of features. One of these features is to enable and disable comments on specific posts. Users have different requirements according to their blogging purposes. So some of the users may want to disable the comment system on the particular blog posts. So we are here showing you steps to disable comment system on particular blog posts while you’re using Blogspot/Blogger.
Steps to Disable Comments on Blog Posts
1. Go to Blogger Dashboard
2. Click on the Orange “+” icon to create a new post for a blog post.
2a. You may edit an existing blog post. Click the grey pencil and read step 4 and onwards to change the option to comment or not.
3. Now you’re at the blog “Post Editor“.
4. On the right-hand side, you can see the “Options” tab. Click on that.
5. There is an option for “Readers comments” – which have two sub-options
5b. Don’t Allow, show existing
5c. Don’t Allow, hide existing
7. To disable comments check the radio button “Don’t Allow, show existing” or “Don’t allow, hide existing”. It is up to you which option you prefer.
8. Press the “Done” button to save the change.
9. If it is a new post, then write and publish your post without comment box.
10. The comment system will not be available for this post. You’re done.
Disable Comments on Blogspot – Video Tutorial
Sometimes we need to disable comments on all posts or a specific post. It simply depends upon your choice. There may be different reasons for different bloggers to close comments on blog posts. In this video tutorial, we will show you how one can disable or close comments on the post.
Still, have any trouble or question kindly write a comment below!