It is good to write and publish blogs with Blogspot, but what’s worth it if your blogs do not rank on the SERPs. After following the best SEO practices, you will know the importance of SEO-friendly permalink structure. An understandable and readable custom permalink helps search engines and your visitors, what you are covering in your blog. Making it SEO-friendly is an art that is important for us to learn.
Permalink meaning the full URL of your blog post, pages, and other content.
There are different types of pages on your blog like blog posts, pages, archives, media, category, tags, etc.
Before we discuss how to change Blogger URL, it is important to know about what is permalink in Blogger or Blogspot.
You change the old Permalink on Blogger or create it for new blog posts. When you write a blog post in English, the blog title is taken as a post permalink. E.g.,
But, for Hindi or Indian languages, you can quickly notice that your post permalink is of an indefinite structure. E.g.,
Due to this reason, most of the bloggers were not able to choose custom permalink for their blog posts.
Now, Blogger has an option for custom permalink, which is given on the right sidebar of the post editor.
If a blog post permalink has not correct structure, then most of the blog’s SEO tricks do not work properly. Due to this reason, the blog post will not perform well in search engines.
Aware bloggers publish their posts with English titles and then change the title in the mother language. But this method is not enough to create an SEO-friendly permalink. The only solution is using the available custom permalink option.
Example of Blogger Post’s Custom Permalinks
Now you are aware of the post permalink.
1. First, login into the Blogger dashboard.
2. Select a blog from the given drop-down.
3. Click on the Posts tab. It is available on the left sidebar. You see the published posts.
4. Click on a particular post to edit.
5. You will see a drop-down attached with the Preview button. Click on the Revert to draft option.
6. Now, you can edit the permalink for the post. Make it SEO-friendly.
7. Double-check the changes and Publish your post with a new permalink.
Hurry, you nailed it!
1. Login into Blogger dashboard.
2. Select a blog.
3. Click on the ‘Posts’ tab given on the left side. Here, you’ll find the published posts.
4. To customize the permalink of a post, hover the mouse on the post title, now you’ll be able to see the ‘Edit’ option.
6. Click on the ‘Edit’ option.
7. After this, you can find the ‘Revert to Draft‘ option next to the ‘Update’ button.
8. Click on the ‘Revert to Draft’ button.
9. Now, click on the ‘Chain’ icon of the Permalink.
Here you can see the option of Custom Permalink. Now can make the desired permalink for a post
10. After typing an SEO-friendly permalink, click the Done button to publish the post.
Only characters (a to z, A to Z), numbers (0 to 9), and special characters like underscore (_), dash (-), and dot (.) are allowed in post permalink.
Permalink 1 and 2 seem similar, but they are different due to using upper and lower case.
Don’t Forget to Create Custom Redirects
After changing your blog post permalink, you should redirect your old permalink to a new permalink. It will keep sending your visitors to the blog, who have access to your old permalink. You can read our article on how to create custom redirects for more information.
How to Remove Date from Blogger Post URL?
I hope you guys find the article useful and don’t forget to share it with your friends.