It is right time for travel when the developments are head-spinning and the world is so full of opportunities. Technology has made most travelers around the world much more technology-savvy than in the past. The internet and the advancements in mobile technology have revolutionized the tourism industry. Tourism is one field which is greatly influenced by the developments in technology.
The first area of tourism is the marketing of the tourism destinations, products and services. Selling tourism products and services online is not only price-conscious but also an inspiration for all the travelers in the world. The online sites or information centers stimulate the browsers to travel more and more. Digital marketing, search engine marketing, mobile and location based marketing reach the potential traveler today within a fraction of a second. The second area is the infrastructure of the organization which determines the readiness to respond to customer requirements. Since more travelers expect personalized products and services, tourism businesses should have tools that can store and monitor information that meet the needs of their customers.
In this age of technology in which we live, the tourism industry is fast adopting a third “T”: Travel, Tourism and Technology. Technology serves the needs of travelers, companies and destinations. Technology helps us to improve the operations of our facilities and destinations. It also allows us to better understand and manage the clients and to understand competitions better. Let us look at some ways of how technology helps to the growth of tourism industry:
- Social networks: For tourist attractions that are visited by people of huge range of backgrounds and nationalities, social media networks represent huge potential for providing direct and immediate access to their visitors. Information about the various tourist spots is very much required for the travelers. Some such parameters are given below:
- Information about packages, opening hours, admission prices.
- Historical information
- Images and video clips of the place
- Online reservation
- Information about other on-site attractions.
- Increased competitiveness through technology and innovation: ClCtourGUNE presents tourism industry with tools that can overcome many challenges which the industry is facing at present. ClCtourGUNE monitors, measures, analyzes and models the flows of visitors to different destinations. It aims to provide objective, empirical, real-time data that help us understand the consumption patterns of destination visitors.
- Technology for the hotels of the future: GESFOR THOFU aims to establish a model for the hotel of the future. THOFU has six sub projects namely conceptual motor, construction, interior, interaction with the user, safety & security and the hotel and the internet. This is a project which is fully based on innovation. It will make use of advanced and innovative technologies to better suit the tourism sector of the coming years.
- Cloud destination: Cloud technology enables businesses in order to focus resources and efforts on improving the customer life cycle. This project aims to create a global platform for tourism to generate information and to provide cloud services to the industry value chain. This will also involve a series of tools to generate a cloud, integrating web destinations, observatories, distribution channels etc.
Author Bio: I am Flora G Aleana and as writer I am working for an essay writing service. Due to the experience for the last few years in the writing profession, I am capable to deal with academic as well as non-academic papers. My skills and expertise have helped me a great deal to gain knowledge in various disciplines of writing. I am every time ready to take up any sort of essays and article