Mini TV for Android, the MK808 Plus is to stimulate fervid emotional response from both owners and critics. Incredibly low price and strong performance is making more loyal customers. Critics are pointing out few negligible issues otherwise overall a better device. For price you pay for it, it offer return of investment value in terms of available options and performance. When it comes to stick computing devices you can go for it.
The Mini TV for Android, the MK808 Plus is stick sized computer. You can connect this to television or computer monitor through HDMI port. It’s a power saving device. You can connect Ethernet, keyboard and mouse either via USB or Wi-Fi.
The MK808 Plus comes with Amlogic M805 Quad core CPU to improve the device performance in comparison to first generation devices.
You can enjoy watching 1080p HD video using Netflix, YouTube and other supported services. You can play most of the games at full frame rate and resolution including 3D games. You can also surf internet, check emails, listen to music or make calls over Skype.
Affordable price and Android make the MK808 Plus promising. You can access Google Play and use most of the familiar applications. If we talk about looks then can say solid external case has rubberized surface to feel good.
Device boots in less than 30 secs and applications load very fast. It’s dual core processor and quad core Mali-450 GPU makes possible to play 3D games. Its performance is almost similar to standard tablet or desktop PCs.
What inside the new box?
- MK808 Plus Android Mini PC 1.5ghz Dual Core Cortex-A9 Rockchip 3066
- User Guide
- Power Adapter
- USB Cable
- HDMI Cable
- OTG Cable
Features and Specifications
- Amlogic M805 CPU, ARM A9, 1.6GHz Dual Core Processor
- Quad-core Mali-450 GPU to support HD video and 3D games
- 1 GB DDR3 RAM, 8GB Internal Storage – Expandable to 32GB with micro SD card
- Support 1TB external storage
- Built in 802.11b/g/n WiFi wireless network access, HDMI, USB and MicroSD card ports
- Android 4.4 KitKat OS, Google Play Store pre-installed
- Supports DLNA, Miracast, AirPlayer
Pros and Cons
- Fast booting and application loading
- 1080p HD streaming with YouTube, Netflix, Google Play and HBO Go
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and USB hub support
- Access to internet and Google play apps
- Easy to setup and use anywhere
- Large online community
- Skype Video Chat
- Better Wi-Fi reception
- Runs cooler in comparison to other competitors
- Expandable up to 32GB via Micro SD card
- Rough media playback
- Finding right input device
- Not rooted
Nothing is bad with the MK808 Plus, so I recommend it to you. It’s a cost effective Android device to turn a HDMI TV or monitor in to a complete home theatre. Android KitKat 4.0 loads faster along with installed applications. Like some other devices in the market over heating issue does not persist. If you know or can learn tweaking of the ROM and OS then it can be used as a full-fledge primary or secondary computer.