Mini TV for Android, the MK808 Plus, is to stimulate a fervid emotional response from both owners and critics. Incredibly low price and reliable performance are making more loyal customers. Critics are pointing out few negligible issues otherwise overall a better device. For the price you pay for it, it offers a return of investment value in terms of available options and performance. When it comes to sticking computing devices, you can go for it.
The Mini TV for Android, the MK808 Plus, is a stick sized computer. You can connect this to television or computer monitor through the HDMI port. It’s a power-saving device. It is possible to connect Ethernet, keyboard, and mouse either via USB or WiFi.
The MK808 Plus comes with Amlogic M805 Quad-core CPU to improve the device performance in comparison to first-generation devices.
You can enjoy watching 1080p HD video using Netflix, YouTube, and other supported services. You can play most of the games at the full frame rate and resolution, including 3D games. You can also surf the internet, check emails, listen to music, or make calls over Skype.
Affordable price and Android make the MK808 Plus promising. You can access Google Play and use most of the applications. If we talk about looks, they can say the solid external case has a rubberized surface to feel good.
Device boots in less than 30 secs and applications load very fast. It’s a dual-core processor, and quad-core Mali-450 GPU makes it possible to play 3D games. Its performance is almost similar to a standard tablet or desktop PC.
What inside the new box?
- MK808 Plus Android Mini PC 1.5ghz Dual Core Cortex-A9 Rockchip 3066
- User Guide
- Power Adapter
- USB Cable
- HDMI Cable
- OTG Cable
Features and Specifications
- Amlogic M805 CPU, ARM A9, 1.6GHz Dual-Core Processor
- Quad-core Mali-450 GPU to support HD video and 3D games
- 1 GB DDR3 RAM, 8GB Internal Storage – Expandable to 32GB with micro SD card
- Support 1TB external storage
- Built-in 802.11b/g/n WiFi wireless network access, HDMI, USB, and MicroSD card ports
- Android 4.4 KitKat OS, Google Play Store pre-installed
- Supports DLNA, Miracast, AirPlayer
Pros and Cons
- Fast booting and application loading
- 1080p HD streaming with YouTube, Netflix, Google Play and HBO Go
- WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0 and USB hub support
- Access to the internet and Google play apps
- Easy to set up and use anywhere
- Large online community
- Skype Video Chat
- Better WiFi reception
- Runs cooler in comparison to other competitors
- Expandable up to 32GB via Micro SD card
- Rough media playback
- Finding the right input device
- Not rooted
Nothing is terrible with the MK808 Plus, so I recommend it to you. It’s a cost-effective Android device to turn any HDMI TV or monitor into a complete home theatre. Android KitKat 4.0 loads faster, along with installing applications. Like some other devices in the market, the overheating issue does not persist. If you know or can learn to tweak the ROM and OS, then it can be used as a full-fledged primary or secondary computer.