When you want to promote your business, it’s important to pick an email marketing company. But with so many different ones out there it’s difficult to pick the one that fits your needs. This article will look at the features and pricing plans for two popular email marketing companies, GetResponse and Mailchimp.
- Forms – GetResponse provides different types of forms, such as exit pop-up forms, scroll forms, and shake boxes among others. They also provide numerous templates in different categories, so they’re sure to have something that meets your needs.
- Landing Pages – You can create and publish landing pages quickly – GetResponse provides over 100 templates that you can use for your mobile site, a drag and dop editor that’s easy to use, built-in web forms, and a set of optimization tools that you can use to create video pages, and squeeze pages that will convert your web page visitors into customers or leads, and you don’t need to have any technical skills at all.
- Responsive Email Design – Your newsletters will look great on all your devices automatically, and you don’t have to do anything – responsive email design works in the background to get your more results.
- A/B testing – A/B testing allows you to test different elements of your emails, such as your subject line, call to action, from field, best time and day to send email, as well as many other elements.
- Email Creator – Use the email creator to create different types of emails using different templates. You can customize them with photos, by changing the colors and fonts and adding social sharing buttons, among other things.
- Email Intelligence – GetResponse’s email intelligence feature makes your email campaigns more effective because it makes tracking, gauging and analyzing them easy.
- List Booster – Use the list booster to add contacts from your hard drive, as well as several other services, right into your mailing list.
- Inbox Preview – Use the Inbox Preview to see how your email will look with different email clients – if you know most of your contacts use Yahoo, for example, you can see what your email will look like in Yahoo’s inbox.
Pricing – How much does GetResponse charge for all this? It depends on how many subscribers you have. GetResponse offers the following pricing plans:
- 1000 subscribers – $15 per month.
- 2500 subscribers – $25 per month – this is their best value.
- 5000 subscribers – $45 per month
- 10,000 subscribers – $65 per month
- 25,000 subscribers – $145 per month.
- 50,000 subscribers – $250 per month
If you’re a non-profit organization or need customized solutions for high-volume email lists, you can contact GetResponse for more information.
Features – Mailchimp’s features include:
- Create your own designs easily – Use Mailchimp’s email designer to create your own designs easily. If you’re new to sending marketing emails or newsletters, their HTML Email Basics primer provides tips that will help you create effective emails.
- Get emails to everyone on your mailing list at the right time – You can send emails to your entire mailing list at once, or you can send emails to different users based on certain characteristics.
- Expand your business with Mailchimp’s analytics – Mailchimp has advanced reporting features you can access from anywhere. Use revenue reports to track your sales and website activity, and use information from Google Analytics to make your emails more informative.
- Expand your list or create emails from anywhere – No matter where you are, you can use Mailchimp’s mobile apps to look at reports, add more information to a contact, or send an email campaign. You can use Mailchimp Subscribe to sign people up for your newsletter from your tablet, or Mailchimp snap to send a quick email with a picture of a new product you just received.
- Use Mailchimp with other apps and services – Mailchimp easily integrates with other apps and services, like Facebook, Salesforce, Eventbrite, and Google. You can sync your data from those services and find out what kind of affect your social interactions are having on your sales.
Pricing – Mailchimp has different pricing plans, depending on your needs and how many subscribers you have.
- Starting up – Free! – If you’re just starting up and your list is less than 2,000 subscribers, your Mailchimp account is free. With the free account you can send a maximum of 12,000 emails per month – that’s six emails per subscriber if you have 2,000 subscribers on your list. With the free option, you get sign-up forms, templates and reports.
- Growing business – If you want unlimited emails per month and your email list has 1,001 to 1500 subscribers, it will be $20 per month, if your email list has 1,501 to 2,000 subscribers it’s $25 per month, $30 for 2,001 to 2,500 subscribers, and $35 for 2,501 to 3,000 subscribers. However, you can also automate your email, connect your database, target your message better with segmentation, track more metrics with tracking reports, collaborate on projects with teams, and send messages at the right time with send time optimization.
- If you’re a pro marketer, you can use all the above mentioned features plus Mailchimp’s email delivery API – your plan will be $20 per month if you have 1,000 to 1,500 subscribers, $25 if you have 1,501 to 2,000 subscribers, $30 if you have 2,001 to 2,500 subscribers, and $35 if you have 2,501 to 2,600 subscribers.
The Verdict: After taking a good look at these two email services, GetResponse is the clear winner. It’s easier to use, and it’s a better value. Yes, you can have up to 2,000 subscribers for free with Mailchimp, but you have to pay to use other valuable services like automation and the option to send emails according to the recipient’s time zone.