Search engine optimization has a lot to do with the relevance of your website. This is why it’s of utmost importance to know how to do SEO audit for your WordPress website. Auditing your website means looking into the most important most important SEO tips to come up top with on the search engine. The auditing allows you to locate the weak spot that may hurt your performance on the search engine. The process of fixing this error can dramatically increase your performance on the search engine. Auditing of the SEO of your website is what you should regularly be doing, which is why it’s important to know how to do it.
Performing SEO Audit for your Website?
SEO audits have been made simple with the different software listed above, below are the two ways to perform SEO Audit:
Using SEO Audit Tools
Performing an SEO audit on your website will require a lot of data. Here is a list of tools that will help you collect it and analyze it to derive new decisions. You need enough data for SEO auditing of your website. That is why you need to know the tools that can help you achieve this task.
- Screaming Frog – This is a downloadable tool that can scan about 50 URL. This analyzes your website and comes with essential information on search engine optimization. You will be able to scan, images, content, tags, sitemaps, URL, and every other error. Screaming Frog will need you to install Java on your WordPress website, but while other has already data, the Screaming frog will require you to scan first before you get the data. You will enter your website URL in the search box and press enter.
- Google Search Console — This tool also offers critical information on the optimization level of your website. This provides information on visibility, indexing, optimization and the health of your website which help you to edit effectively. This Google tool is excellent, and you can also add Bing tool to optimize on the Microsoft search engine.
- Google Analytics — The traffics on your website is another source of information. This information can tell how your visitors find the content on your website relevant. This might just be the best tool for most webmasters. You can do a lot with the information of the analytic report of the visitors coming to your website. The Google analytic work well to help you in your editing which makes it one of the best auditing tools.
- Moz Crawl Test – This offers a diagnostic report of bugs, errors, and problems that can be efficiently fixed. You can also set it to display a weekly report.
- BuzzSumo – The BuzzSumo will be an excellent tool for you if you are in content marketing niche. This helps you determine the content that works for a different niche.
- SEMrush – This is another essential SEO tool. The SEMRush will scan the backlink, ranking and keyword research. This will allow you to get the competitors tactics and strategies.
The manual methods allow the critical analysis of the various pages. This involves the factors that influence the SEO of your WordPress website.
- HTML – The markup language data is essential to SEO auditing of your WordPress website. A modern WordPress theme should be used on your website. This is why it’s critical to select the top notch one for creating a website. This type of themes gets often updated which allow your site to rank well in search engine.
- Titles – This should be unique and relevant. The title should be related to the content of your website and have the right keywords.
- Meta Description – The top SEOs suggested that around 120 characters are the best. This should be relevant and unique to the page with appropriate keywords.
- URLs – This involves the permalink of the post of pages. The URL’s of your website should be user-friendly and unique. Make sure you check the keyword for errors; you can make use of the hyphen to make the URL or keyword easy to spot.
- Headings – The heading of your content is also essential in the way they ate structured and how they can be scannable. You should make sure each page has the H1 tag.
- Content – Content is one major factor in the effective SEO. The content of your website should be informative, relevant and straight to point. How keywords are placed in the content is another critical factor to consider. Avoid keyword stuffing as much as possible.
- Images –The image of your website serve a useful role on your website. The image tag should contain the relevant keywords. You can use the image plug-in on your WordPress site. This should include keywords and are descriptive.
- Links – There are chances of having a dead link to your website keep growing. Therefore, the relevancy of the link should be checked regularly to avoid SEO leak. There are different WordPress plug-in and dead link tools that can help today.
- Keywords – The SEO auditing has been made easy with Yeost. You should optimize it one per keyword.
- Duplicate Content –You can follow the following step to detect a duplicated content: Google Search Console -> Search Appearance -> HTML Improvements. The “Siteliner” is another potent tool if you are used to tools.
- Errors and Bugs – The Google Search Console can help you detect the technical errors on your WordPress website. The “404 error” can allow you to detect where you should audit on your website. You will be able to redirect the URL and link the contents correctly. There is no perfect time for SEO audit. The performance of your website is one critical factor that can prompt the SEO editing of your website. However, if there is no any visible error or bugs on your WordPress website, you will still need to perform routine editing at least every two months.
Conclusion: The SEO audit
Do you want your website to be visible to the target audience and don’t know where to begin? SEO audit is the first step to make sure your WordPress site is well optimized. You will get recommendations and spot errors on how to make your website more visible. Apart from that, this is also important for future considerations. For example, if you detect the keywords of your content is weak, you will want to focus on better ones in future posts. This makes the future SEO editing an easy task.