MBOX Converter is an innovative software program which can be opted as a reliable solution for needs like switching from email client Thunderbird to MS Outlook. Tool has been integrated with all the needed features and technology to have an optimum accuracy and smooth migration. Thunderbird to Outlook converter is very easy to use and you will not face any challenge to execute the software.
The conversion thing is complete and without any data manipulation. Software is also supported by strong technical support team and Help section to acquire you with necessary information and help you with the procedure and when you are stuck at certain step.
Step-Wise Guidance for How The Software Works:
- Step 1: Open MBOX Converter and a window will appear which will be like below shown window. You will be able to see various options in the menu amongst which you have to choose Open option to add MBOX file for the conversion.
- Step 2: As soon as you click on “Open” a small pop-up window will open and here you can select the MBOX file. You have two options either you can browse for file (single) or for folder (multiple files). Just provide the location and click on “Add”.
- Step 3: As the file(s) is loaded, software will start the scanning process and will show a scanning report as well. Content of file loaded will also appear in left pane.
- Step 4: Scanning completion will display the file contents completely and you can choose the file from left pane which you want to view completely in right pane. You will get to see the basic attributes of each and every email like From, Subject, To, Size, etc. These basic details will definitely help you select the emails which are important and desired to be migrated.
You can select certain message to view message body and detailed attributes along with attachments. Go for Normal Mail View if you want to view basic details.
- Step 5: You can also view attachments by choosing Attachments view. All the attachment to that particular mail will be listed and you will be able to view it fully.
- Step 6: Software has two viewing modes; one is Horizontal and another is Vertical. You can switch between these two modes from Switch View options available in left most corner of menu. This is really helpful and helps you to work on interface suitable for you.
- Step 7: You can select the email files and then Right-click and then Export the emails. Or you can directly export by using the option available at menu which will export all the emails.
- Step 8: As you hit on Export, again a small pop will open up showing Export Options. You can export the MBOX emails to various email files; PST, MSG or EML. But as we need to export data to MS Outlook PST file should be chosen.
Here you will also find two advance options. Thunderbird to Outlook converter can create separate PST file for each MBOX file or it can also create single PST for MBOX files selected by you. These options have to be selected by you in Export as options for PST.
- Step 9: This software creates a separate PST file and will not export the emails to running MS Outlook. You can provide the destination to save the PST file. Click Browse and give the destination path.
- Step 10: Make sure that you have selected the emails by checking desired emails and then hit Export.
- Step 11: Once you export all the emails get migrated to PST and a report is generated stating the location where the PST file is saved. This can be saved as CSV file.
Overall performance of the Thunderbird to Outlook converter is remarkable. There is no glitch, no slow-down of software and all the data is migrated smoothly. Software does not work for damaged MBOX files and this I guess is where the software lags but considering the quality of overall functionality this drawback of software can be neglected. It is completely suitable for personal usage and can be recommended for enterprise license (business level) as well. It is a budget product and is not at all overpriced. Software comes from a trustworthy source and thus will not affect any other programs running on your machine.