We have already discussed the benefits of sitemap submission to Google Search Console in the previous article. Here in this article, we’ll discuss ‘Method 2’. In which we’ll cover Blogger sitemap submission for those who are using a custom domain on Blogger and unable to locate or find ‘sitemap.xml’ for their blog. But it is an opportunity for them to submit max 500 posts to Google search engine. Don’t worry friends, you can also submit 1000 posts, but you have to submit another sitemap.
The Blogger sitemap submission task has the same steps as I told you in ‘Method 1’, but here again, I am texting for your ease. Steps are simple; you’ll have no need for technical expertise for it. Try by yourself, and you’ll definitely get successful. This is also a task of 5 minutes. I have created a video tutorial to guide you in a better manner, but I am even texting hereunder all the necessary steps.
Steps to Submit Blogger Sitemap to Google –
2. If you are not already Login to Google, please do Login (if necessary)
3. Now can find a list to blogs with thumbnails and blog URLs
4. Select one blog to submit a sitemap
5. Additional – if your blog is not in this list you can submit your blog by clicking red color ADD A SITE button appearing next to the gear icon and then select this blog
6. After selection of blog you can see Sitemaps ›› tab or heading; Now click on that
7. After that you’ll find ADD/TEST SITEMAP button in red color; Now Click on that
8. After that you’ll find blog URL and a blank box; write if have 500 posts or less –
Else you have more than 500 post or maximum 1000 then repeat step 8 and step 9, and write this in place of ‘sitemap.xml'(see the picture given above)
9. Now click on blue color Submit Sitemap button
10. After this action, you’ll get ‘Refresh the page’ message and click on this
Note: If you have more than 1000 posts, you may take the reference of the following article. There is a mathematical expression of sitemap generation for n number of posts.
Your all blog posts and pages have been submitted to the Google search engine. Your blog posts and pages will be crawled within the next 2 or 3 days. Then you’ll be able to see a number of pages indexed by Google search engine and other related stats.
Video Tutorial: Steps to Submit Blogger Sitemap to Google –
Sitemap submission to Google Webmaster tools is a task of 5 minutes. It is really simple, and anyone can submit by following all the steps given above. :)