If you want to take benefits of Organic traffic to get better search engine ranking, then one of the essential things is submitting a sitemap to all search engines. The good thing is that Google Blogger v2 has a ‘sitemap.xml’ file on the server, and you can submit these files to search engines. Most of us think that sitemap submission is a complicated process, and they can not be able to submit Blogger sitemap successfully, so they always look for a webmaster who can do this task for them.
In this article, I will cover the entire process to submit Blogger sitemap to Google search console in less than 5 minutes. This task is the most important and most searched topic on Google and other search engines. I have created a video tutorial to guide you in a better manner, but I am also texting hereunder all the necessary steps.
Steps to Submit Sitemap to Google Search Console – Blogspot
1. The first land to https://search.google.com/search-console
2. If you are not already Login to Google, please do Login (if necessary).
3. Now can find a list of blogs with thumbnails and blog URLs.
4. Select one blog to submit a sitemap.
5. Additional – if your blog is not in this list, you can submit your blog by clicking red color ADD A SITE button is appearing next to the gear icon and then select this blog.
6. After selecting the blog, you can see Sitemaps ›› tab or heading; Now click on that.
7. After that, you’ll find ADD/TEST SITEMAP button in red color; Now Click on that.
8. After that, you’ll find a blog URL and a blank box; write ‘sitemap.xml’ without inverted commas.
9. Now click on the blue color Submit Sitemap button.
10. After this action, you’ll get ‘Refresh the page’ message and click on this.
Your blog posts and pages have been submitted to the Google search engine. Your blog posts and pages will be crawled within the next 2 or 3 days. Then you’ll be able to see a number of pages indexed by Google search engine and other related stats.
‘sitemap.xml’ file is not available for those who are using a custom domain for Blogger blogs. Actually, this is a Blogger bug, I have reported this bug, and it will be resolved soon. But in this case, you can use Method 2 to submit a sitemap for blogger custom domain. Method 2 is here.
Bug related to sitemap.xml has been resolved for custom domains on Google Blogger.
Sitemap submission to Google Webmaster tools is a task of 5 minutes. It is really simple, and anyone can submit a sitemap for the blogger custom domain by following all the steps given above. :)