Personal Storage Table (PST) files are the storehouses of all Outlook data on your PC. While that is their primary use, PST files also play a key role in proper functioning of the emailing platform. That is because a damaged or corrupted PST file can cause mailbox inaccessibility and prevent Outlook from launching at all. Moreover, issues within the PST file can lead to loss of crucial data stored within the user mailbox. At this point Outlook PST Repair can be one solution.
PST file corruption is thus one problem that you cannot put off for another time. It should be dealt with when it occurs. And although replacing the damaged PST with a new one might seem to be an easy way out, it leads to loss of all data stored within the previous damaged file. Hence, repairing a damaged or corrupt PST is the only feasible option, and when it comes to that, nothing works like Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair Software.
Let’s understand why this tool is the best option.
An Introductory Glance – Outlook PST Repair
Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair is a proficient tool to repair corrupt PST files and recovers all contents within it. The recovered content typically includes mailbox items such as e-mails, attachments, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, and journals. The reclaimed items are exported into a new blank PST, which you can easily import into MS Outlook to access your mailbox.
The tool works on a very simple methodology of 3 easy-to-follow steps – Select, Scan & Repair.
Once you’ve worked with the tool, you’ll come to realize how straightforward it really is:
Step 1: You select the PST file that needs to be repaired (the advantage is that if you’re unaware of the location of the PST file on your computer, you can ‘Find’ it through the software. I found this quite useful).
Step 2: The software then scans the damaged PST file (here you can preview items before recovery).
Step 3: Finally, the damaged PST is repaired and all the data is saved to a new PST at the location you specify.
Key Benefits of the Software
The product comes equipped with an impressive feature set:
- Compatible with MS Office 2016
- Option to transfer the license of the registered software to another computer
- Enables saving recovered emails in EML, MSG, RTF, HTML, and PDF formats
- Can smoothly repair encrypted files protected by password
- Allows selective message recovery
- Capable of recovering PST files of more than 2GB in size
- Compatible with a wide range of MS Outlook versions
- Software exports repaired PST in Office 365 format (Only in Technician version)
This is one area where I found Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair standing out from the other products in its league. Its minimal system requirements make it easy to install and its wide compatibility contributes to its user-friendliness.
- Processor: Pentium Class
- OS : Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista
- Memory: 512 MB
- Hard Disk: 50 MB of free space
- Supports: MS Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, and 2000
Moreover, the interface of the software is available in multiple languages including English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, and Spanish. I believe that’s another plus point for the software.
Usage of the Product
The application comes with an interactive and user-friendly GUI that displays easy to understand instructions when required. Its working is simple and has no learning curve involved.
To test the product, I purposely damaged one of my backed up PST files. Then I downloaded the demo version of Stellar Outlook PST repair and installed it. Here’s how the software guided me through the remaining steps:
1. On launching the software, the home screen appeared with 2 options – ‘Select Outlook File’ and ‘Find Outlook File’.
2. I wasn’t aware of my PST file’s location on the PC so I used the Find option to pick the file.
3. Once it was selected, I clicked on ‘Scan Now’ to initiate the scanning process.
4. The application didn’t take much time to list down all recoverable items within the left hand panel of the window. I previewed several messages by clicking on them.
5. When satisfied, I clicked on ‘Save Repaired File’ button on file menu of the screen. I was prompted to choose the desired output format (PST, MSG, EML, RTF, HTML, or PDF). I selected PST and browsed to pick a location of my choice.
6. Finally clicked on ‘OK’ to save all data.
I found some great plus points in the product:
- It achieves the promised result within an acceptable time and with great quality
- It is easy to work with
- Its impressive feature set will allow users to utilize the product’s maximum potential
- It requires minimum time to setup and is compatible with numerous Outlook versions
I liked the fact that the software let me go on to the point of previewing the files without paying anything. That way, I had the freedom to not go ahead if I wasn’t satisfied with the previews. In my opinion, very few vendors give that kind of flexibility to users.
The downside could be the price factor. However, if you consider $99 too much to repair a precious PST and are okay with losing out on all data, well, that’s your choice. In my opinion, the tool is worth the investment.
All-in-all, a thumbs-up from my end!
Users can opt free trail to scan & preview of their corrupt PST file. To get this demo, reach at official page: