Read More Option with Thumbnail hack is far better than Blogger’s default jump break option because it automatically create summary of posts on archive pageType and index pageType i.e. home page, label page and search result page with standard defined thumbnail size and words length. One more best feature of this hack is you can skip any number of posts on home page to not to be shorten i.e. if you want you can show any number of full post on home page. It gives very professional look to your blog. Most of professional Bloggers have already adopted Read More Option with Thumbnail hack for their blogs and this trick is not unknown to you. But the best thing is this it is available for you now. My believe is that you’ll must try and use on your blogs.
Main features of ‘Read More Option with Thumbnail’ hack for Blogger
1/ You can show default thumbnail when your post does not contain any image.
2/ You can disable auto read more function for few posts on home page.
3/ You can disable auto read more function on home page, archive page and other index pageType.
Using Read More Option with Thumbnail on Blogger version 2
1/ First go to Blogger Dashboard then switch to Template tab
2/ Must take backup of your template
3/ Now click on Edit HTML and then on Proceed button
4/ Now check on Expand Widget Template
5/ Now search for </head> inside Blogger template
6/ Now copy and paste code given below just above </head>
› How to host files in Dropbox please read this article (Non Hindi user may translate article)
7/ And after finishing above steps now search for following code
<div class='post-body entry-content'
just below this you’ll get following code
8/ Change this <data:post.body/> code with the following code
and now preview your template if everything is appearing well then Save template.
Auto read more script control features:
- showImage: true, if do not want to show thumbnail then do it ‘false’
- imgFloat: ‘left’, if you want to show thumbnail right to summary then do it ‘right’
- imgWidth: 120, This is thumbnail width in pixel
- imgHeight: 120, This is thumbnail height in pixel
- defaultThumb: ‘http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RHI16xnGGw0/UyRl8A6Y3jI/AAAAAAAAM6g/b6wZoVza7J4/s1600/thumb.png’, if you want to use custom thumbnail as per your blog design just change this url
- words: 100, this is number of words for summary on index pageType in presence of thumbnail
- wordsNoImg: 120, this is number of words for summary on index pageType in absence of thumbnail
- skip: 0, if you want read more function on all posts then leave it as it is, if want to skip first do it ‘1’ or for two posts do it ‘2’ and so on…
- showHome: true, if you do not want read more function on home page, do it ‘false’
- showLabel: true, if you do not want read more function on label page, do it ‘false’
On this blog I use this script. You can visit home page and label page for demo purpose.