Google Blogger Platform is providing you a nice and very important option to add post search description which is should be related to your blog post. The post search description is important for both search engine bots and readers. It’s a good opportunity for your blog. But if do not aware how to add blog post search description then read our tutorial.
Before 2012 it was not possible to add post description on Blogger platform because there was no option available. At that time a few experts shared some tricks to add meta description to a blog post. But majority of newbies in the blogging world were not able to implement it correctly.
Mid of year 2012 was the time when Blogger tested and introduced this feature. Post description is a SEO friendly thing. But it does not gives you any opportunity to reach at 1st page of Google seaech. Only when search engine understand your content is unique, original and value added then it can rank in top positions.
If you are thinking what is the post description and its benefits? Post description is a summary of post will appear in search results. It’s benefit is to post summary can be read by search engine bots and searchers. See the example below:
Add Post Search Description on Blogger Platform
1. When you’re creating a post look at right sidebar there you’ll find the Search Description option as shown below
2. After clicking on that a box for typing search description will appear
3. After writing the post summary near about 150 words you may click on Done button.
Not found Post Search Description Box?
If you’re are unable to see option to add Search Description in Post Editor then you should complete the following steps to enable it for future posts.
Merits of Search Description
1. It appears when you share post on Google+ and Facebook. How? See the example below:
2. Blog will get more organic search traffic.
3. More organic traffic means more readers.
4. More readers means higher earnings by AdSense or other programs.
I believe you’ll find this post useful and guide you to get more traffic from your each post. Don’t forget to share your views.
- How to put post title before blog name on Blogger?
- How to add post permalink on Blogger platform?
- How to add Custom Permalink on Blogger?