Witnessing the present scenario of the life around us, we all admit with the fact that the world is growing faster, so are the people residing inside it. Everything in this sphere is becoming techy, from daily homely habits to work habits. Among all these activities, getting good education is the most important activity that is given priority by everyone.
In this modern world, when all the aspects of life became technologically shaped, people also show interest in Education becoming online. We all prefer studying by getting the information or study material instantly, with just some clicks on our technical devices.
Let’s first give online education a definitive look. We can define online education as “a method that helps an individual to gain knowledge and information related to their field of education via internet, avoiding being physically attentive in a classroom”.
So, by keeping in view all these certainties, a question that arises universally is that what new trends we are going to be observed in the forthcoming generation of Online Studies. Or simply we can say that “what are the next trends in Online Education”.
Online Studies Upcoming Trends
In this article we are trying to cover all the data relating to new tendencies that could be seen in coming educational behavior. We can figure it out with the help of following points:
1. Student Centered Environment
The term “student centered environment” mainly emphasize on the methods of studying or gaining education that allow us to pay attention on the student or knowledge seeker. We can broadly understand it by these points:
- Method that widely focus on the student and put their interest on first priority.
- The fundamental motive is to allow the learner to learn things on their own. By studying online one could give one’s maximum effort in learning things.
- Online Studies make it possible for the student to study independently without depending on any person to teach them.
- Learners will not be bounded to time, as they can study at their own convenient time. (Learners can study with no time bounds/ Learners can study free removing the time limit barriers)
- In online studies learning never ends. He/she can choose whatever they want to learn.
- It enables the students to practice as long as they want to. Or we can say that it empowers deep-rooted and lifelong knowledge seeking.
2. Mobile Learning
Mobile learning can be understood as a modern process of learning with the help of technology or electronic devices. How it’s useful, we can identify by these few important points:
- Students are able to study at different circumstances or situations. This method enables the mobility of the students/learners/knowledge seekers.
- Allows student to learn at their ease of time anywhere. This helps in distant learning processes.
- Mobile Learning is executed with the help of personal devices like computers, MP3 players, notebooks, mobile phones, tablets etc. Thus, it allows learner to study by interacting with portable technologies.
- One more beneficial feature is that one can share it at their ease to anyone. It allows everyone to use the material at a single point of time.
4. Alternative Credentialing and Pathways to Higher Education
The meaning of Alternative Credentialing can be understood as having lot of choices for studying subjects of our interests. How it modify learning, can be understood as follows:
- Different arrays for education will be provided and enabling variations in learning options will become possible.
- Student will be able to do mastery over knowledge by taking help from modern techniques.
- By following the new technologies, now higher education providing institutes also offer “digital badges”.
- This idea of credentialing system brings an era that have an alternative structure to make it possible to offer an addition to degrees.
- The attitude of giving priority on having just a grade after completing your studies or courses, will be ignored, because with online learning you will expertise something new in your knowledge.
- Taking as a whole, learner will get many pathways to study their subjects without getting bounded to any single credential or choice.
5. Automation Learning will become the Most Coveted Perk at Hot Employers
Automation learning or online learning is benefited in getting higher jobs, to know how, read below:
- In companies that provide higher job opportunities, employers now pay attention to online studies or automated learning.
- As technology is being accepted worldwide, the employers are also giving importance to the resumes of job seeking candidates that have certificates or degrees gained by online learning.
- From past 5-10 year, the views of employers regarding degrees by online learning, have positively changed and now students can easily get jobs by learning on their own.
- With the help of automated learning a student can improve some unique skills, to which employers will pay attention.
- As a whole we can come to a conclusion that at present time there is no difference if a candidate seeking job is having degree from education institutions or through online learning. Online learning will add some positive approach in education.
6. Job Seekers will Build Portfolios of Online Certificates, the New Currency for Skills
In today’s technologically established world, online learning certificates are treated as new currency for skills of an individual. It can be explained with the help of the points given below:
- Degrees or certificates secured by studying online courses are becoming prior requirement among the present generation of students.
- The reason for making online courses a priority is that nowadays candidates who are seeking jobs and the employers who are hiring employees for their businesses, have started recognizing the importance and value of these certificates.
- There are requirements given by premier job providers for many online courses that should be mentioned in the portfolios by the job seekers in order to get the job.
- Acceptance of these courses is growing continuously because these courses not only provide certificates, but also introduce some advantageous skills in an individual.
By making you familiar with the new and innovative trends in online education by taking help from the above specified points, we aimed to let you understand the meaning and importance of online studies. These trends will give all the students similar opportunity to study.
One more fact is there that students who are preferring online education are able to communicate more easily than others who don’t have any experience on online learning.
To conclude on a wiser note, these new and improved online studies trends and networked tendencies have contributed a lot and will be contributing in higher education to grow faster, with never ending signs.
Author Bio: Divya Jain is a blogger with over 3 years of experience in writing in the education industry. Her favorite subject is Education & technology. She earned B. Tech. in Computer Science.