A collaborative meeting can be considered much as an online face-to-face meeting. In order to get fruitful results as well as expected answers, one must choose visitors as well as members carefully and take out the required time in planning out the meetings. Online collaborative meetings are also known as online group meetings that should have a good follow up plan like starting some kind of accountability plans or asking the members to take some actions.
Online Collaborative Meetings
Regardless of having all these similarities, there are some kinds of preparations that are exceptional and unique for organizing online meetings. Listed below are some of the noteworthy tips that can help you in organizing successful online collaborative meetings:
- While organizing online meetings through internet, you never know what actually is going on with the person staying at other end of the computer. Each and every computer varies greatly based on its making, model, personal settings as well as operating systems. It may sound fine to you, but others may not find it that way. So it is better to take someone’s help while doing sound checks at the beginning as well as throughout the meetings.
- Take help from someone who can organize your presentation materials as well as get questions ready for you. While organizing online meetings one should be sure that they are ready with these things which gives a sense of security when one walk in for meeting. It makes one feel like it is so easy to find everything whenever needed by just one click. Have an assistant who will keep you organized and will make sure that the presentation goes smoothly with the minimal possible interruptions. Assistants will also help you in gathering questions, locating information and executing all small stuffs that are required during online meetings.
- Send reminders prior to the meetings as it is one of the most crucial factors. It is generally a good practice to send an email reminder to the respective members, one 24 hours before the meeting and another before 1-2 hours the meeting is scheduled. This will make your work easy and everyone will be notified through these remainder mails.
- Computers that are connected through internet have huge drawbacks and they tend to suck people. The members can easily get distracted and start web surfing or checking emails and as a result are not attentive towards the meeting. So it is necessary to build an interactive presentation that can draw member’s attention and can help them to focus on the meeting. Use interactive audio as well as visuals that can help to draw back the attention of the members and can help in holding active discussions throughout the session.
- The last and the final point which may seem obvious is to be sure that those who are broadcasting video have high-speed internet connectivity. Many people actually try to broadcast video to large groups on a dial up connection. This is more likely going to slow down the speed and it will spend most of the time in buffering the video that may result in delay in meeting.
In all of these cases, it is a good idea to have someone that stands by to hand off technical support issues that can help during online collaborative meetings.
Nil Matthew a famous blogger is giving some noteworthy tips on expanding small businesses technologies by holding online group meetings like web conferencing. He has listed down the tips for organizing successful online meetings.