In series of Microsoft Indic Input or Indic Input 1 and Indic Input 2 Microsoft releases Indic Input 3 this week that now supports Windows 8 platform. It has now published with few bug fixes like no need of pressing Spacebar twice to type next word. Now you have to press Spacebar key one time only.
Hindi/other Indic Input 3 provides a very convenient way of entering text in Hindi Language using the English QWERTY keyboard in any editing application (Office Application / WordPad / Notepad) that supports Text Services on Windows XP and above. Hindi/other Input 3 tool will be packaged as a setup and running the setup will invoke the services. The tool supports all popular keyboard layouts.
Indic Input 3 Now Supports Predictive Input…
– Windows 8
– Windows 7
– Windows Vista
– Windows XP – with Indic languages enabled
* Tool is compatible with equivalent 64-bit Operating Systems mentioned above.
Install Hindi Indic Input 3
Installation of the Hindi Indic Input 3 is a very easy process that takes less than two minute to complete.
Run or double click Hindi Indic Input 3 Setup. The setup wizard will guide you through the installation process. Once the installation process is complete, Hindi Indic Input 3 has been successfully installed will be displayed.
Note: On Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8, if your user login does not have administrative privileges or is not included in the user group of administrators right click the “Setup.exe” icon and select “Run as Administrator”.
Use Hindi Indic Input 3
1. Start any Office application, including WordPad or Notepad.
2. Click the Language Indicator located in the System Tray on the right side of the Windows taskbar or on Language bar as shown below and select HI-Hindi.
3. Select Hindi Indic Input 3 from the shortcut menu that appears. The PC is now ready to start typing in Hindi.
Hindi Indic Input 3 supports various types of Keyboards. Click Settings Icon and select Keyboard. Choose keyboard layout of your choice form list of available keyboards.
You can toggle between languages with Alt+Shift or Ctrl+Shift+T
Complete Indic Input 3 Help
To view help manual on Hindi/other Indic Input 3 tool, select Help from Settings Menu.
Download Indic Input 3
|Who should use Indic Input 3?
Users working with Windows 8 operating systems should use Indic Input 3.
• Minimum System Requirements – Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8
*Tool is compatible with equivalent 64-bit Operating Systems.
|Language||Windows-8 32 Bit||Windows-8 64 Bit||Help|
I believe Windows 8 users are happy with this release.