Do you have more than one Facebook Page for your blog, website, or business? If your answer is yes, then it can confuse your online audience where to stick. You can merge two Facebook pages to clear their confusion. The same method will work if you want to merge Facebook business pages.
In this article, I will cover all the steps you should take care of while merging Facebook Pages.
Why Should I Merge Facebook Pages?
There may be certain reasons to merge Facebook pages if you have two or more pages.
1. Recover admin rights to old pages if lost.
2. You have a Facebook profile instead of Facebook Page for your business
3. Somebody is trying to steal the business identity
4. Your FB page is not listed as ‘Local’, and People are trying to create a ‘new’ place Page or Place Pages.
5. You set a wrong page name or changed the business name by managing two pages for the same business
Points to be noted:
1. To merge two Facebook Pages, you should be admin of both pages.
2. The page name should be similar and represent the same thing.
3. Local pages should have the same address.
4. If no option to merge Facebook Pages is available, then eligibility is questionable. Then you can request Facebook for a review.
What to Consider Before You Merge Facebook Pages?
1. Change the name of Pages and keep the same. It will be helpful to take merge approval from Facebook.
2. “About” information, website, phone number, address, and description should be the same on both of the pages.
3. Find the number of previously created ‘Places’ Pages for your business.
4. Note down how many check-ins and likes of Each Page.
5. Only keep the most liked and followed Facebook Page.
6. Create and pin a post to create awareness about merging Facebook Pages.
7. Download backup of the Facebook Page that you are going to merge.
Steps to Merge Two Facebook Pages
How to merge Facebook business pages? To merge Facebook pages, you need to follow these steps-
- Login into your Facebook account.
2. Go to facebook.com/pages/merge.
3. Choose the two Pages you’d like to merge.
4. Press the “Continue” button
5. Pick which Facebook Page you wish to keep and press “Keep Page” button
6. Confirm Merge Request by pressing the “Request Merge button”.
7. Lastly, you will get a merge request successful message.
What remains after successfully merging two Facebook Pages?
1. Update a new cover image, set a profile picture, and add relevant information to the About section. Don’t forget to use important keywords.
2. Set Page to local and allow check-ins.
The same method will work if you want to merge Facebook business pages.