So you were trying to share a TikTok with your friend. But you unintentionally clicked on the Repost icon, and now you are worried about How to undo a Repost on TikTok. Or let’s say you reposted a TikTok video way earlier and now want to delete it. In both cases, this blog will be helpful to you.
TikTok is one of the social media apps that has taken the internet by storm. The short video format and easy-to-use app have been key reasons for TikTok’s popularity. One of the features that is much talked about now a day is the TikTok Repost button. It is available in the “For You” feed and the share feature.
The TikTok Repost feature allows you to re-share a video with your friends. When you tap the yellow Repost icon (from the share button), that post will be shared with your friends on their ‘For You’ feed. In addition, the video Repost will feature your profile pic & name. You can also add a visible comment if you want.
But now you want to delete the reposted content on TikTok. Is it possible to do so? & if Yes, then How? Let’s find that out next.
Can You Undo a Repost on TikTok
Of course, it is possible to undo Repost on TikTok in 2023. The key thing is to find your reposts. If you reposted it immediately, then you can swipe back to the video and delete the Repost. We have discussed its steps later.
But let’s say you want to un-repost a video you reposted days ago; then, it becomes a little hard to find. This is because TikTok has removed the Repost tab from the profile page. Although TikTok didn’t officially notify anywhere, it was widely discussed on popular social media platforms. Thus the other best solution remains to keep saving the videos you repost. In that case, you can easily find your Repost videos on the profile page later.
Besides this, there are still a few tips & tricks you can use to see reposts on TikTok. We have covered that in a separate article on our blog.
Reasons to Undo a TikTok Repost
- Users Repost someone else’s video and later change their minds.
- People don’t give credit to the original creator of the video & receive a copyright warning.
- Since the Repost option is close to other sharing icons, users tap on it coincidently.
- If a user doesn’t want to endorse someone on TikTok any longer, they may want to cancel a Repost.
How To Undo a Repost on TikTok
On social media platforms, to err is human, but to rectify it is more than divine. For example, maybe you were a little high after the party and accidentally repost a video on TikTok. Now on the next day, you regret your action & desire to undo it.
Anyways, Don’t panic; It’s not too late. Here’s everything you need to know.
As discussed earlier, if you want to un-repost a TikTok video, there are two ways, depending on when you want to undo it. Let’s look at both of them one by one.
If you want to undo the Repost immediately
- Scroll back to the reposted video.
- Tap on the share arrow icon at the lower right corner.
- In the pop-up menu, tap on the yellow ‘Remove Repost’ button.
- Navigate back to the video.
It’s important to note that you can’t see all the reposted videos in one place. They won’t be available on your profile page. But you can find them in your Watch History.
If you want to remove the Repost on TikTok later
- Open the Tiktok App and log in to your account.
- Navigate to the video you want to un-repost.
- Tap on the share icon on the right side of the screen.
- Next, tap the ‘Remove Repost’ button on the extreme left.
- Confirm your action by tapping the Remove button.
- Tap anywhere on the video again to navigate back.
Now you will see that the repost tag and its caption are removed from the video. So the video will also disappear from your friends’ ‘For You’ page on TikTok. But it may show up on anyone’s feed by TikTok’s natural algorithm.
How to Allow Repost on TikTok?
Reposting content on TikTok can bring more engagement to your content. Follow the steps to enable reposting your videos to bring more engagement.
- Open the TikTok App and log in to your account(if needed).
- Tap on the profile button at the bottom right.
- Next, press the hamburger icon (☰) in the upper right corner.
- Tap ‘Settings & Privacy’ > ‘Settings.’
- Again scroll down and press on ‘Repost.’
- Tap on the toggle button to turn on the Repost function.
You can also use the same steps to turn off reposting on TikTok.
TikTok is one of the most trending apps with millions of users. The Repost feature on TikTok made it even more famous by allowing people to re-share videos with others. It helps creators to share fresh and engaging content with their followers. The original creators discover new audiences when someone reposts their videos.
In this article, we have given a complete guide to undo any Repost in simple steps. Hopefully, this was helpful to you. You can comment on your thoughts below.
What is the repost button on TikTok?
Reposting allows users to repost something or share videos on TikTok easily without violating copyright laws.
What does it mean to repost on TikTok?
It means reposting a video from TikTok with your followers. The content you’ve reposted will appear on their feed.
How do I un-repost on TikTok?
Sometimes you change your mind or accidentally repost a video without meaning to. Don’t worry. You can undo your action. After reposting videos, tap the “Share-to” button,” and the Remove Repost” button on the pop-up menu. This option makes it super easy to undo your action.
Why don’t I have the repost button on TikTok?
The option to repost on the platform is in the beta phase and only available to selected users. Maybe you are not one of them, so wait until the feature is launched for all users.