Twitter’s default settings prevent you from seeing potentially sensitive content. Such content is considered obscene or not safe for work. But you might want to disable this setting to enjoy content on your feed without the sensitive content warning on Twitter.
So I decided to write an article on how to turn off sensitive content on Twitter.
You can change your media settings to get rid of this warning message. Sign into your Twitter account, navigate to Settings and privacy > Privacy and safety > Content you see > Display media that may contain sensitive content. Keep the option turned on or off. It’s all up to you.
Twitter often hides sensitive content from searches. It’s also possible to tweak settings if you want to see sensitive content in search results.
So, let’s see how to change Twitter settings to see sensitive content. We’ll also guide you on removing sensitive content warnings from your tweets.
How to Turn Off Sensitive Content on Twitter for Android or iOS?
Only Android users can turn off the sensitive content on their Twitter apps. This feature is not yet rolled out for iPhone or iPad users. To see content that may be sensitive on your Twitter feed, follow the steps given below:
- Open the Twitter app on your Android phone.
- Tap the profile picture in the top left corner.
- Now, Tap Settings & Support.”
- It shows you “Setting and privacy.” Tap on it.
- Next, tap “Privacy and safety.”
- Now, tap “Content you see.”
- Finally, turn on the “Display media that may contain sensitive content” option using the toggle button.
How to Turn Off Sensitive Content on Twitter using Website or Desktop App?
The steps to turn off sensitive content on Twitter are the same whether using the official website or desktop app. You won’t have difficulty setting up everything onboard.
The following steps let you see sensitive content on Twitter:
- First, open the Twitter website or desktop app on your computer.
- Click the More button in the left menu.
- Select “Settings and Support” on the drop-down menu.
- It opens up the “Privacy and safety” option. Click on it.
- Now, select the “Content you see” option.
- Finally, check the “Display media that may contain sensitive content” box. If untick, please tick it.
Twitter will show offensive, obscene, and NSFW content on your feed now. Anytime you change your mind, you can follow the same steps to untick the option. This change will restrict sensitive content on Twitter.
How to Change Twitter Search Settings for Sensitive Content?
Twitter blocks some tweets with adult content, nudity, and potentially sensitive media and hides them in search results. But you can see tweets with sensitive content after making the following changes in your account.
- First, open the Twitter website on your web browser.
- Next, click the “More” icon in the left sidebar.
- Now, click “Settings and Support.”
- Navigate to Settings and privacy > Privacy and safety.
- Then, click “Content you see.”
- Open “Search settings.”
- Finally, untick the check box next to “Hide sensitive content.”
Like the previous one, you won’t also find this option on your iPhone or iPad app. But, if you make the changes in your Twitter account through a web browser or desktop app, they will reflect on whether Android or iOS app.
How to Disable Sensitive Content Labels from Your Tweets?
Twitter has a sensitive media policy, so you can mark the media you Tweet as having material that may be sensitive. If you ever marked your media may contain sensitive material, then you can revoke the changes anytime.
To disable the warning “This profile may include potentially sensitive content,” follow the steps given below:
- Open the Twitter website.
- Click the More icon on the left side.
- Next, navigate through “Settings and Support.”
- And go to Settings and privacy > Privacy and safety.
- Now, click “Your Tweets.”
- Finally, untick the check box next to “Mark media you Tweet as having material that may be sensitive.”
The steps are almost the same on the Twitter app whether you use Android, iPhone, or iPad. The only change is that you start navigating through your profile picture instead of the More icon.
If you adhere to Twitter’s sensitive media policy to post sensitive content on the platform, you mark your media sensitive. An account regularly posting sensitive media may not be able to disable sensitive content labels for its tweets. Sometimes, Twitter permanently disables this option for such accounts. We suggest marking your media sensitive while posting such tweets on your account. Later, you can disable it.
What Is Sensitive Content?
Often, Twitter users see the warning label “The following media includes potentially sensitive content.” or “The profile may include potentially sensitive content.”
If a media contains extreme violence or nudity that can disturb audiences, Twitter automatically marks it as sensitive.
Twitter’s sensitive media policy only puts warnings on sensitive content instead of removing it from the platform.
We tried to make steps easy to see or turn off sensitive content on Twitter. You only need to follow the aforementioned steps in this article to achieve success.
Additionally, it also covered how to remove the sensitive content warning from your tweets. Perhaps, you’ll also find it useful.
How to allow sensitive content on Twitter?
Sign into your Twitter account, navigate to Settings and privacy > Privacy and safety > Content you see > Display media that may contain sensitive content. Toggle or turn on the option for your account.
How to view sensitive content on Twitter iPhone?
You can tweak your account settings related to sensitive content through the Twitter website. It will reflect the changes everywhere, whether you are using an Android or iPhone app.