Smartphones and the internet are the two most precious gifts of technology. Both have changed our lives and society completely. Nowadays, parents and their teenage children have phones with them.
However, after giving the phone to your girl child, you may become concerned about her safety. You can track your child’s location with their phone when not at home. This way, you can ensure they are not hiding their exact location for some reason.
Most parents contact me and ask “how to track my child’s phone without them knowing for free.”
Are you eager to know, “how do I track my child’s iPhone?”
Teenagers want their own space without any restriction and interference. So when you start tracking their activities and location, they might get annoyed.
In this case, the phone with location tracking might be your friend. You can use and install a phone location tracking app on the target device without them knowing.
There are many free and paid applications to track your daughter’s phone without her knowing.
How Do I Track My Daughter’s iPhone Location?
1. Find My iPhone
Does your daughter carry an iPhone with her? Then, you can use the inbuilt feature Find My iPhone. Almost every Apple device has the Find My (device name) feature to find it. After unboxing, you can activate the feature on your device –
Step 1: Enable Find My on your daughter’s iPhone
- Open Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > Find My (Enable it)
Step 2: Enable Share My Location on your daughter’s iPhone
- Open Settings > Apple ID > Find My > Share My Location (Enable it)
Step 3: Enable Find My iPhone on your daughter’s iPhone
- Open Settings > Apple ID > Find My > Find My iPhone
- Enable all options: Find My iPhone, Find My network, and Send Last Location.
Step 4: Add family members and enable share location on your daughter’s iPhone
- Open Settings > Apple ID > Family Sharing > Add Member (You and other members)
- Now, Tap Location Sharing > Family > Tap each email individually > Enable Share My Location
Step 5: Track your daughter’s iPhone location using your iPhone
- Open Find My > Devices.
- Tap the name of your daughter’s phone.
Alternatively, you can track your child’s iPhone location using your MacBook or iMac.
- Open Find My > Devices.
- Click on the name of your daughter’s iPhone.
Another way to track your kid’s phone location is to use icloud.com/find.
- Open https://icloud.com/find on your web browser.
- Sign in to your iCloud account.
- Now, click on the “All Devices” drop-down menu.
- Click your child’s iPhone to track her location.
Thus, you can use your daughter’s iPhone to track her movement route and location.
2. Google Maps
First, you have to install Google Maps and enable location tracking on the target phone. Yes, Google Maps can help you track your daughter’s phone. The follow the steps on the target device –
- Install the Google Maps app on your daughter’s iPhone.
- Open Google Maps.
- Tap your profile picture given in the top-right corner.
- A pop-up menu will appear with the “Location sharing” option.
- Tap Location sharing.
- Tap the Share location button on the next page.
- Now, you see the text “More options.” Tap it.
- Tap the Share button to share the target phone’s location with a link. A person who has this will be able to see the name, photo, and real-time location of the target phone.
- You can share this link via messages, mail, social media apps, etc.
I hope it’s simple to understand and track your daughter’s phone.
The above two methods are free, but how to track a cell phone location with a premium subscription to get more precise information about the location.
3. FamiSafe – Phone Location Tracking App
A few parents believe tracking the live location of their children is essential in the digital age. The FamiSafe app can track the real-time location of your child. Only install and complete the initial setup to track your daughter’s iPhone location with the FamiSafe app. Later, you never need to have access to her iPhone.
The top location tracking features of the FamiSafe app are –
- Parents can track the real-time location of their children.
- Location history is another helpful feature to knowing the travel history of the target phone. A driving report is also available.
- Set up geofences to get notifications when children enter or leave the specific zone.
Not only that, but the FamiSafe app helps concerned parents to limit kids’ screen time, block apps, control YouTube content, detect explicit content, access browser history, set up a web filter, and safe search, etc.
Steps to set up a phone tracker on your daughter’s iPhone-
- Install FamiSafe on your phone and FamiSafe Kids (FamiSafe Jr) on your daughter’s iPhone.
- You can register a FamiSafe account with your email address or log in with a third-party account like Apple ID, Facebook ID, Google account, etc.
- Next, You need to log in with the same account on the parent’s and the child’s device. Instead, simply connect your daughter’s iPhone using the pairing code by tapping Pair with Code.
- Finally, grant certain access to FamiSafe on your daughter’s iPhone and download profiles for better performance.
- You are all set! You can head back to the parent’s device to track your daughter’s phone location and manage what she can access on her phone.
Now, when someone questions you “how to track my daughter’s iPhone location,” you can recommend the FamiSafe app.
4. Family Tracking Services from Your Cellular Company
Your cellular company might have family safety plans to track your kid’s location and activities on his phone. These family safety apps can track your daughter’s location and movements from your smartphone, tablet, and computer. Almost every mobile carrier has its family safety app in the USA. For example,
- Verizon Smart Family Companion app
- AT&T Secure Family app
- Sprint Safe & Found app
- T-Mobile FamilyWhere app
Apart from location tracking, most iPhone tracking apps offer content filtering, blocking apps, internet access control, driving insights, picking me up, managing calls and texts, screen time, and noteworthy events.
Now, you know almost everything about iPhone location tracking. So when some ask you “how to track my child’s iPhone,” you can share our article with them. These methods may help you locate your child or daughter remotely without them knowing.