Discord is the favorite communication tool for gamers and developers. They engage with other users of the same channel. But curious people have a question– how to get someone’s IP from Discord? Do you know the answer?
You might need someone’s IP address to play a game like Minecraft with them. But the question arises how to find the IP address from Discord?
You can use many ways to successfully get someone’s IP address on Discord.
Run the “netstat” command on the Windows Command Prompt to analyze the traffic, and it will help you get the IP address of Discord users.
Experts also use the Discord IP Resolver to find someone’s IP address on Discord.
Discord IP Grabber is an alternative to Discord IP Resolver, which helps you reveal the user’s IP address.
There can be other ways that we’ll learn later in this article.
Let’s learn the steps to get someone’s IP from Discord, everything in complete detail. I bet one of the methods will work for you.
Can You Find Someone’s IP Address From Discord?
No problem. You can use third-party tools to find someone’s IP address from Discord.
Read the following section carefully, “how you can use Discord to fetch any user’s IP address.”
How To Find IP Address From Discord?
Only third-party tools can help you find someone’s IP address from Discord. However, one of the following ways can be a lifesaver for you.
Method 1: Use Windows Command Prompt
You can analyze connections to your computer system and browser using Windows Command Prompt or Mac Terminal. But this method only works if the target person is online.
Follow the steps given below:
- Shut down and restart your computer to close all apps and browsers.
- Open Discord on a web browser and log into your account.
- Open the Command Prompt on your computer.
- Start chatting with the target person and, anyhow, keep them engaged.
- Type “netstat -an” command on your Command Prompt without inverted commas.
- Keep chatting with the target person. After some time, you see their state as “Established” on the Command Prompt.
- Finally, copy the IP address.
This is how to get someone’s UP from Discord without the link.
Method 2: Use Discord IP Grabber
A trusted IP logger can generate a tracking link the targeted person believes is safe to open. Then, share this link with them to find their IP address.
As they click on the link to open it, their IP address will be logged. So that’s how you can detect someone’s IP on Discord without them knowing.
One such IP logger is Grabify. The following steps get anyone’s IP address:
- Open the Grabify website on your browser.
- Copy any URL that the targeted user trusts and opens frequently.
- Paste the URL in the given box “Enter a URL or tracking code…”
- Click the Create URL button.
- Next, agree with the terms and conditions.
- Copy the new URL “https://grabify.link/XXXXXX.”
- Share this unique URL with someone on Discord.
- Encourage them to open the link. Confirm they have clicked the link.
- Now, refresh the access URL to check whether their IP has been logged.
- Finally, you see the IP and ISP both. Click “More Info” to get the person’s IP address, Country, and City.
You can use your social-engineering skills to encourage the target people to click on the shared link. But this way of getting someone’s IP works effortlessly.
Method 3: Use Discord IP Resolver
The Discord IP Resolver helps you get someone’s IP directly from Discord. The only thing you should keep in mind, they should be online.
Accomplish the steps given below:
- Open Discord and go to Settings.
- Tap Advance under App Settings.
- Tap the toggle button to enable Developer Mode.
- Next, tap the Esc (x) button.
- Now, locate someone, right-click on their Discord username, and tap “Copy Id.”
- Open the Discord IP Resolver website.
- Paste the copied Discord User ID, and tap the “Resolve” button.
- Finally, you see the Discord user IP address.
Method 4: Use Wireshark
Most people are searching on Google for “how to get someone’s IP from discord using Wireshark.” So, we planned to add this method as a perk. You can locate someone’s IP address using Discord.
You can use Wireshark as a protocol analyzer that helps you know the browser activity. It also helps you get someone’s IP on Discord.
Go through the following steps:
- Download the correct version of Wireshark on your device and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Log into your Discord account on your browser. Ensure all other browser tabs are closed.
- Open Wireshark and search for Discord. It shows you all the running Discord processes. Explore a variety of protocols for Discord.
- Look for the users’ information deeply.
- You’ll get the person’s IP address after putting in some effort.
- Paste the Copied IP address on whatismyipaddress.com to know the user’s location.
Thus, you can use the above ways to find someone’s IP address through Discord. But never misuse this information to harm someone. As the same can happen to you. So, how can you protect yourself from such attacks?
How To Hide Your IP Address?
As we have discussed, you can get your user ID and others’ user IDs from Discord. So, others can use the same method for you. The following methods protect yourself on the internet:
Use a VPN– You can use a VPN service for geo-spoofing. This service obfuscates and masks your real IP with a fake IP address. As a result, nobody won’t get to your location. Recommend VPN services are:
Avoid Clicking Suspicious Links– The best way to get away from trouble is to avoid clicking clocked or short URLs. These may track your IP, ISP, location, browser, and computer system.
The aforementioned methods can be used to find someone’s IP address from Discord. Carefully follow each step discussed above to get access to the IP address that will help you get the user’s location and ISP quickly. Follow our quick tips to stay safe on the internet from tracking links.