In the contemporary world of business, an email plays a significant role. It is a tool we use to transfer our ideas, offers, solutions or any other information. Thus, an email should have something special, which will distinct it out of the scope of ordinary mail. Such a peculiarity can be achieved through the professional email signature.
According to statistics, thousands of emails are sent and received every day. If you are engaged in some sale activities, the amount of your email turnover may exceed 500 mails a day. An email signature is the feature, which can separate your data from the overall mass of electronic mails. You may choose a template of email signature on Newoldstamp, or create it by yourself.
Professional Email Signature Design
A professional email signature should have the following features:
- Logo of your company. It is not important whether you are the owner or an ordinary employee of the company, the logo of this company should be included in your signature in order to highlight your activities and professional intentions.
- Simplicity. It should be taken into account that a signature of email is a short introduction of your professional personality. Avoid adding too much information to your signature, because it may spoil a recipient’s attitude. It is recommended to highlight the most essential and useful data.
- All devices support. The modern times require the readability of your signature on smartphones, laptops, tablets and other possible gadgets. Therefore, keep in mind to adapt your email signature for smaller screens.
- No heavy images. If you want to attach an image (company’s logo, your photo, etc.), make sure it makes no difficulties in downloading of your email. The image is not the most important thing in your signature, therefore the low resolution will be quite enough.
Making Email Signature in Gmail
In theory, we know how to compose an email signature. Now, it is time to put into practice. Fortunately, we a have a Google service, which enables to create an email signature fast and without any troubles. Therefore, if you still do not have a Gmail account, you need to register it.
Stage 1. Signature Setting
– As soon as you signed into the Gmail account, you need to click on the “Gear” button.
– Then click on “Settings” line.
– In the bottom of the window you will find the “Signature” field.
Stage 2. Personal Data
Now, you need to type the text of your signature. This information may include your name, contact details (phone, fax, email, cell phone, etc.), link to your website, your position or title, name of the company you own or work in, and other data, which, to your opinion, can be useful.
Stage 3. Signature Format
This stage relates to the design of your email signature. You may play with colors, fonts and size of the text. Nevertheless, your signature should be too motley, and the text should be readable. Highlight the most valuable information, such as your name or company’s name.
Stage 4. Links
The link to your website or the website of your company will be active, so do not miss the opportunity to add it. TO do this, you need to select the text, click on the “Link” button, and enter the URL. In addition, you may add links to your social profiles, but keep in mind that a signature with four lines and more is not very attractive to the leads.
Stage 5. Image
If you want to add a photo of you, avoid photos made during your leisure activities. An email signature should reflect your professionalism, so keep in line with this requirement.
The adding image procedure is simple. Click on the “Add Image” button (it resembles two mountains). You may either enter a link to the image or upload it. Then adjust the alignment and size of the image.
Now your professional email signature is created. Save the changes of the page and experience the benefits of your signature.