Blogger became an OpenID provider in year 2008 but now a days when you try to use Blogger OpenID for a blog address, it crashes down. Don’t know why but this issue is still not fixed by Blogger developer team. Blogger support forum is full with questions but there is no answer.
What is an OpenID?
OpenID is an open standard that describes how users can be authenticated in a decentralized manner. OpenID allows you to use an existing account to sign in to multiple websites, without needing to create a new account. Facebook login available at various eCommerce site is a simple example of it.
Merits of OpenID while commenting?
1. Default Blogger comment system links your profile but when you make comments with your Blogger OpenID i.e. with a blog address then blog admin and readers can directly visit your blog when they click on your name.
2. You can get backlinks from where you comment.
3. You can protect your privacy.
To make this tutorial more simpler for you I will use screenshots –
1. Know Your Blogger OpenID
To determine the blog address Open ID, please follow the steps as shown in the screenshot –
2. Blogger OpenID Error
Many bloggers are often experiencing error message saying “Whoops, that’s an error. We apologize for the inconvenience. Try refreshing the page to see if things are back in order.” Hereunder is an screenshot as a proof.
The final solution is only StackExchange OPENID. After completing all steps given below you can check it your blog.
Steps to get StackExchange OPENID Solution
1. Create an account on StackExchange OpenID. Screenshot given below.
2. Check your inbox for verification email and click on account verification link.
3. You’ll reach to your user page where you can see the link “Use your own URL to log in”. Screenshot given below.
4. Click on this link and you get two tags as shown below.
5. Now go to Blogger template editor and put these tags just below <head>. See the screenshot below.
6. Before saving the template changes don’t forget to close these two code with forward slash “/”, otherwise Blogger template will not be saved and show error message. See the screenshot below.
7. Save your Blogger template. You’re done. :)
One thing you must know. When you’ll make your first comment on some blog you’ve to confirm access to Blogger. This means Blogger will access your personal information from StackExchange OpenID account. See the screenshot below.
Now when as you publish you comment you can see your name is attached with the your blog address. Be happy get backlinks from dofollow blogs and forum with out sharing any personal profile means personal identity. Finally you’re ready to get direct traffic to your blog from your comments.