Are you accustomed to the concept of drone aerial photography? Have you ever wondered how stunning film scenes are created when the camera hovers over mesmerizing landscapes? It is actually nothing but one of the amazing applications of aerial photography, capturing incredible landmark footage. Instead of depending on a film crew, all you need to do is invest in a high-quality remote-controlled drone to shoot such brilliant scenes. Of course, you need to buy a DJI Phantom 4 Pro drone.
Aerial Photography Drone
The question that invariably arises at this point is, what exactly a drone is. A drone is defined as an unmanned aerial vehicle that is operated either independently by onboard computers or by a remote control on the ground. While traditionally, a number of other flying devices were employed for aerial photography, what gives drones a winning edge over all others is that they can function successfully without fuel or a pilot. In addition, owing to being small in size, they can easily capture areas, even if they are inaccessible to other flying devices.
- You can create an own drone with quadcopter kit. Learn how.
- Drone Racing – Is This the Next Billion Dollar Business?
- The Beginners Guide to Racing Drones
If you are someone interested in drone aerial photography, this article is going to present a brief guidance on how to get started.
Local law to fly a video drone
First and foremost, before you send a video drone into the sky for a landmark footage, make sure you conduct a thorough study on your local laws. This means you must be aware of the rules and regulations related to the use of drones for aerial photography in your state. For example, according to the FAA guidelines, it is necessary for drones and other model aircraft to fly not more than 400 feet above the ground and not within 3 miles of an airport or air traffic. Some states also maintain strict laws against flying a drone over someone’s personal property or space, failing to abide by which you are likely to be held responsible for trespassing.
DJI Phantom 4 Pro
Once you are done doing your share of research on your local law, it’s time to look for a drone that perfectly suits your needs and interests. Among all the brands available in the market, DJI is one of the most popular ones when it comes to high-end drones. The first introduction of DJI was Phantom 1. With new advancements in technology came the Phantom 2 series, then Phantom 3 series and now, DJI is all set to mesmerize you with DJI Phantom 4 Pro and Advanced. Needless to say, all the Phantom models are great options when it comes to aerial photography. In simpler words, they are any quadcopter enthusiast’s delight. Allowing complete control on your photography, a DJI Phantom 4 Pro can be flown to a height where other drones fail to reach.
While a lot has already been said about DJI Phantom 1, Phantom 2 and Phantom 3 series, it’s time to focus on the high-end features of the Phantom 4 Pro model. Available in two versions, namely, DJI Phantom 4 Pro and DJI Phantom 4 Advanced.
DJI Phantom 4 Features
Phantom 4 series presents the following features to impress you to the core:
- Captivating footage at your fingertips is what you are going to achieve with DJI Phantom 4. The content captured by this high-end device present an amazing combination of compact images, superb resolution and vibrant colors that are perfect for the big screen. Equipped with built-in, stabilized camera, the DJI Phantom 4 series can perfectly bring the wildest of your imaginations to life.
- The latest DJI Phantom drone is designed in a way to let you enjoy maximum control. From takeoff to landing, the Phantom 4 series is designed to be completely under your control. The device is capable of responding to your commands thoroughly while automatically taking efficient care of all aspects related to a safe, stable flight.
- Equipped with upgraded flight battery, DJI Phantom 4 Pro is designed to combine higher voltage, improved energy and greater power to provide an amazingly improved flight experience. The intelligent battery in this sophisticatedly designed Phantom drone has built-in sensors allowing you to know the status of the battery in real time so that you have a clear idea of how long you can fly your drone, and when you need to recharge.
Along with the above-mentioned features, there are various other features of DJI Phantom 4 that deserve to be experienced and appreciated. Indulge in this luxurious and sophisticated drone to experience aerial photography at its best.