It is the subject of debate whether you should screenshot an Instagram story or not. You can save Instagram stories by taking screenshots and keeping them. But does Instagram notify when you screenshot a story, or can you see if someone screenshots your Instagram story? Let’s find out further in this article.
Have you ever taken someone’s Instagram story screenshot? I’m sure you have. You can also share someone’s story by sending a direct message. However, you can share stories from public accounts. Your friends will not see the shared stories of a private Instagram account. In this case, you can screenshot or screen record an Instagram story to share it with your friends.
Let’s find out if you screenshot someone’s Instagram story, will they be notified.
Can people see when you screenshot on Instagram?
Did you ever hesitate to screenshot someone’s Instagram story? Can people see if you screenshot their Instagram story? Does Instagram notify screenshots? Unfortunately, Instagram will not alert the user if you screenshot an IG story.
Instagram thought the screenshot notification feature could help users know who had taken the screenshot of direct messages and stories. If we look back in time-
- 2016 – Users received Instagram screenshot notifications for direct messages.
- 2018 – Users received Instagram screenshot notifications for stories.
Someone may ask vice versa, can you see if someone screenshots your Instagram story?
Instagram screenshot notification – FAQs
Hereunder are some frequently asked questions about Instagram screenshot notifications-
Does Instagram notify when you screenshot a story?
Never, Instagram does not notify users when you screenshot a story.
Does Instagram notify when you screen record a story?
No, Instagram does not notify users if you screen record someone’s Instagram story.
Does Instagram notify when you screenshot a post?
Not at all. Instagram does not notify users when you screenshot a post.
Does Instagram notify when you screen record a post?
Not at all. Instagram does not notify users when you screen record a post.
Does Instagram notify when you screenshot a DM in Vanish mode?
Yes, Instagram does notify when you screenshot DMs, i.e., private conversations. Direct messaging in the vanish mode will disappear when you close the chat. It’s typically used for private chats so that no record of that conversation remains.
Does Instagram notify when you screenshot messages?
No, Instagram does not notify users when you screenshot messages.
Does Instagram notify when you screenshot a profile?
No, Instagram does not notify when you screenshot a profile or profile picture.
How to block someone to screenshot an Instagram story?
You can put a limit on who can access your Instagram profile or uploaded story. Make the following changes to your Instagram account.
- Change the account privacy and enable the private account setting.
- Share your Instagram story with Close Friends.
- Hide your story and live videos from specific people.
How to make your Instagram account private?
You can change the account privacy and enable the private account setting. This way, you can stay away from Instagram stalkers.
- Open the Instagram app
- Tap the profile icon at the bottom menu
- Tap on the three horizontal lines given in the top right corner
- Tap on Settings
- Tap on Privacy
- Under account privacy, tap the toggle button to enable the private account.
How to use the Close Friends feature on Instagram?
You can create the Close Friends list on Instagram and share your story with specific people.
- Launch the Instagram app
- Go to your profile page
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the top right corner
- Tap the Close Friends list icon
- A list of people appears. Select all or add specific people to this list.
- Tap the Done button.
So, before posting a story, you can either select Your Story or Close Friends.
How to use the Hide story from on Instagram?
Yes, you can create a list of people who can’t see and screenshot your Instagram stories.
- Open the Instagram app
- Go to your profile
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the top right corner
- Tap the Settings
- Tap the Privacy
- Tap the Story
- Tap the Hide story from
- Search and select people to this list
- Finally, tap on the Done button.
You have created a list of people who will not be able to see your stories.
Is your phone gallery filling up with all those screenshots and screen recordings? Everyone is tired of saving them and sending them repeatedly, but Instagram might have a fix for you guys.
Because you don’t have to screenshot or record it, Instagram introduced features like ‘Share to…’ and ‘Copy highlight link.’ So now, you can directly send Instagram stories to your selected Instagram followers. This way, you minimize your workload as well.
You can share someone’s story on Instagram in many ways.
- Open an Instagram story to share.
- Tap on the three dots icon on the top right (next to the cross button).
- You get two options – ‘Share to…’ & ‘Copy highlight link.’
- Choose one of these options to share the Instagram story.
- You can share this Instagram story on other social media platforms.
- Open the Instagram story you want to share.
- Tap the paper plane icon on the bottom right of the screen (beside Send Message box, which may not be there).
- Select people in your list, and you may create a group.
- Tap the Send button.
How can you screenshot Instagram stories?
After getting the answer to the question, can people see when you screenshot on Instagram? Let’s answer another question, can you screenshot Instagram stories.
You can screenshot and save Instagram stories anonymously. We are listing five working methods.
- Turn off your Wi-Fi and mobile data
- Use the official Instagram website
- Use online Instagram story downloader
- Use the Instagram story reposter or saver app
- Use a screen recording app
Turn off your Wi-Fi and mobile data
This trick comes from an old school, but still works like a charm. Fortunately, Instagram does not fix this yet.
- Open the Instagram story to take a screenshot.
- Now, turn off the Wi-Fi and mobile data or enable airplane mode.
- Again, open the same Instagram story.
- Screenshot or screen record the Instagram story.
- Don’t forget to quit the Instagram app forcefully.
Now, you connect to the internet through Wi-Fi or mobile data.
Use the official Instagram website
Instagram’s official website is instagram.com. You can open this website on a web browser using your mobile or laptop. But why should you use it? Instagram never notify the user when you screenshot or screen record a story.
Use online Instagram story downloader
You can download Instagram stories and save them to your device using third-party websites. However, you can only download Instagram stories from a public account. Only put the username in the given box and hit the enter button. It will shortly show the user account and recently posted stories. Below the Instagram story, you get an option to download it.
Some popular online Instagram story downloaders are:
Use the Instagram story reposter or saver app
Search for the Instagram story reposter or saver app in App Store or Google Play Store. You can find tons of apps to help you download and save Instagram stories. They will help you see Instagram stories anonymously. A few favorite apps are:
- Story Saver for Instagram!
- Story Saver for Instagram IG
- IG Story Saver
- Story Reposter for Instagram
- Repost For Instagram
Use a screen recording app
Screen recording is the most convenient way to save something. Most users are familiar with using a screen recorder, so you can also learn about that.
Nowadays, iPhones come with a screen recording facility. Also, Android phones have a screen recorder. You can swipe from top to bottom to have a screen recorder button on the panel.
Don’t find any screen recording option on your phone. Then you can download a third-party screen recording app and start recording everything that happens on your screen.
To sum up
You got the answer to questions – does Instagram notify when you screenshot a story, or can you see if someone screenshots your Instagram story? I also covered – how can you screenshot Instagram stories anonymously? In addition, we assisted you in saving someone’s Instagram story, among many other things.
We look forward to helping you in different ways in the future. So please stay tuned and stay in touch. I hope you got the answer.