Are you serious about blogging? See, blogging is no longer just a hobby as it was years ago. It is nowadays a way of creating a thriving online business. If you’re serious about creating a blog, then do it the right way. You should go for nothing short of becoming a most successful blogger.
So, how do you become a successful blogger? How do you become the most successful blogger that everyone reads from and emulates? Below is how you can go about it.
HOW TO BECOME A MOST SUCCESSFUL BLOGGER?
How to create a blog?
100% of people who don’t take action fail. All successful bloggers were once confused rookies. They all took that first step and started the blog. Don’t procrastinate. No, don’t do it tomorrow, do it right now. Just spare an hour and take the following steps to become a most successful blogger:
1. Decide on your domain name and get it registered
There’s a lot of fuss about what specific name to choose. However, note that it’s the content on your blog that will matter the most.
Domain names like Google, Yotpo, Yahoo, Mashable, Moz, Kikolani, etc. may not have the most attractive domain names. They’re abstract names that may not mean much to someone who doesn’t know them. However, they’re now great and loved brands. Make a decision on what you’ll name your blog and start now.
2. Get your blog hosted
Take some time and google the best web hosts. Closely look at the features and see what will work best for you. A great web host is important since you want your blog to always be up and running. Don’t just go with one recommendation. Get at least 3, check their reviews and be 100% sure that you get what you really want.
It will take you just a few minutes to get your website hosted. Each top web-host has a quick tutorial that will help you get set up. Follow them. Now your blog is ready for the world.
3. Install WordPress
This is another quick procedure that should just take you a few seconds or minutes depending on how fast you are. It’s just a few clicks away. Check your host’s knowledgebase for how to do this. WordPress is a brilliant, free content management and blogging software. This is what you’ll use to create, edit and manage your posts.
Take a moment and research on the best WordPress plugins that work today, install them on your blog.
Have the mindset of a champion
Champions, in any field, want to win. They want to stand out from the crowd. Below are some qualities that you’ll need to become a most successful blogger:
- Persevere: In blogging, you don’t see the results immediately. In fact, it may take you a few weeks or even months to earn your first cent. Champions take time practicing and perfecting their art. Use this as practice time. Implement all the industry-standard tips to creating a masterpiece blog.
- Be consistent: Readers don’t want to be given a taste of heaven then taken straight back to hell. Each next post should be just as good as the previous one, or even better. Make sure you’re consistent in your posting and quality.
- Be relevant: Today’s problems need today’s solutions. In fact, if you can help solve tomorrow’s problems today, you can be such a darling to the masses. Post content that people can relate to. This will make it easier for them to read and recommend you to others. You can soon go viral as the go-to guy for solutions that actually work in your industry.
- Lead: A champion leads as others follow. They make sure they cross the finish line first. You need to establish yourself as an industry leader, even if you’re still very young and new in blogging. Stay abreast of the relevant happenings in your industry and be creative on how you post. For example, 10 bloggers may get information about a new study. However, the one who posts about it in the most actionable and digestible way will get the most attention.
Have a clear sense of direction
What do you want for your blog? Do you have a vision? Think of a young, poor villager who won an award at the recent Olympics. They once started from nothing. They had a strong vision of what lay ahead. They then pushed forward till they met their goal.
There are many bloggers who decide on one niche. Soon they change to another. After that, they hear that their new blogging niche is crowded and soon they’re on to another one. They eventually join the statistics of the millions of failed bloggers.
Have a clear sense of direction and go for it. Make sure you do whatever it takes to succeed.
Champions usually find a way to get the right attention. See, even if you’re the fastest runner on the planet, but you never show it in a world-renowned championship, then you’ll get absolutely zero recognition. You’ll just sit back and watch others being crowned.
Like a successful blogger, don’t just spend your entire time creating content. Instead, spend lots of it marketing and getting your content out to the right people. Here are some things that most successful bloggers do:
- Reach out to top blogs and publications: Pitch for a chance to post there. These give you instant recognition and create a buzz around your new blog. Proper guest blogging can even give you instant conversions.
- Market on social media: That’s where everyone hangs out at whatever chance they get. They’re looking for brilliant, rich content such as what you post. Make sure you post on the relevant channels.
- Optimize your blog for search: Use the latest search search optimization tips to ensure your post is among the top results on search engines whenever people look for content.
- Do email marketing: This is the world’s best method for converting leads. Most top bloggers use it. Use it well too and ensure you meet industry standards.
It doesn’t stop. Champions keep pushing on. Keep tweaking your blog to make sure it has all the current features. Keep posting excellent content that will mesmerize your readers. Maintain the champion’s spirit and never lose your sense of direction. Promote your blog heavily. Soon, you’ll be among the world’s blogging legends.