While everyone knows it’s important to exercise regularly, most people aren’t aware that the benefits of working out regularly can be no less than life-changing. Here are just some of the few:
1) People who make time for the gym regularly have lower blood pressure, resting heart rate, and healthier cholesterol levels than those who don’t.
2) Exercise makes you happy and the research shows it. Your brain runs on a chemical cocktail and when you work out, all the chemicals that make you feel good are released.
3) You’ll get sick less often. No one ever realizes how torturous the common cold can be until they get it. Then they think it’s the end of the world. Thankfully, exercise makes you much more resilient to bacteria and viruses, so you can spend your sick days on the beach instead of in bed.
4) Stay younger for longer. Imagine spending your golden years and not being able to lift a carton of milk. Sounds scary, right? Well, working out slows your deterioration to keep your body mentally and physically sharp.
5) You’ll look better. With better health comes a more attractive form. Everyone wants to look their best.
Aaptiv Audio Fitness App
In fact, you need to make time for at least 30 minutes of physical activity every day of the week, or else after just one week, your body goes through some pretty shocking changes. After just seven days of laying on the couch and eating potato chips, you’re already at an increased risk of developing type II diabetes, heart disease, losing muscle mass, and piling on body fat. Not to mention an increased risk of dementia and loss of gray matter mass. Scared yet? I am.
While all those things are enough to frighten anyone into the nearest gym today, I know it can be hard to maintain motivation and dedication to stay fit in the long game, and there are always going to be weeks where you just won’t be able to find any time at all to get in a proper workout. This is why fitness apps are booming in popularity. Many people are using them to live a healthier lifestyle with their limited time and motivation.
There are very many smartphone apps available that help you become more fit, but Aaptiv, in particular, caught our attention. This app skyrocketed to the top of Apple’s health and fitness category and grew their subscribers by over 10x since last summer to over 200,000 subscribers.
Whether you need help motivating from a trainer for inspiration, or need to find new ways to workout, Aaptiv has the perfect solution.
Aaptiv further sets itself apart from the competition by being the only fitness company that focuses exclusively on audio content. Most fitness companies offer trackers and graphs and text instructions that tell you what to do but do a poor job of really getting you to do it. Aaptiv stands out by giving you actionable, fun workout classes right in your ear.
Aaptiv was founded in 2015 after its founder, Ethan Agarwal, gained some weight on the grind of business school. After graduating, as many studious business grads do, Ethan found himself in a fast-paced, demanding job that required a lot of travel and an unpredictable schedule. Ethan wanted to get back in shape but after evaluating his existing options, he came back empty-handed. Studio fitness classes had strict scheduling and cancelation policies, and Ethan was rarely in the same city long enough for a trainer to make sense for him. Aaptiv was his solution.
Today, Aaptiv has a team of seventy-employees and is growing quickly, bringing us the #1 audio-fitness app. Aaptiv offers thousands of trainer-led, music-driven audio fitness workouts so you can work out when you want, where you want, the way you want. Take classes in a treadmill, outdoor running, yoga, strength training, and much more.
The best part about Aaptiv is you can work out anywhere. Whether you’re at home or the office, many of Aaptiv’s classes require zero equipment. This makes Aaptiv perfect for anyone on a tight schedule that can’t afford a trip to the gym.
Here’s how it works:
You sign up for Aaptiv here and download the app.
Once that’s done, you’ll have access to all of Aaptiv’s trainer-led classes. Just press the Find a Workout at the top of the app to get started.
Next, Aaptiv’s filter will help you find the perfect workout based on your type, difficulty, and the amount of time you have to dedicate to your workout.
Oh, and you can set to filter by trainer and genre of music too. Did I mention that each Aaptiv class is set to sweet tunes? And I’m not talking elevator music, I’m talking top-tier artists like JT and Jay-Z.
And the experience really is just like have a trainer right next to you. Right in your ear will be a real-life person encouraging you to push on, keep taking deep breaths, and to correct your posture.
While I still think it’s important to go to the gym every-now-and-then, I’ve been using Aaptiv almost on a daily basis for the last three months and it has worked wonderfully. I’ve lost ten pounds since I’ve downloaded the app and it’s an amazing feeling to watch my progress. Aaptiv also comes with some great tracking features so you can see how many calories you’ve burned with all your workouts. I’m at 22,320 as of writing this!
I’ve also never gotten bored with Aaptiv’s workouts. There are 15 active trainers who create more than 30 classes, new classes, every week, so I never run out of a workout to do and can stay motivated. In summary, Aaptiv is a great audio-fitness app that you can use anywhere to help you achieve your goals and one that I highly recommend.
Pros of Aaptive Fitness App
- Over 2,500 classes and a workout for any type of training
- You can use the app anytime, anywhere with or without equipment
- Professional and fun trainers help you stay motivated and guide your workouts
- Amazing tunes set to the workout keep you high energy
- Aaptiv has raised 40 million dollars to date, so you know they’re putting a ton of money into making this product even better
Cons of Aaptive Fitness App
- Might not be the best for very experiences strength trainers or bodybuilders
- If you have no idea how to work your machine, you might need a real human to show you how it works. Thankfully there are plenty of YouTube tutorials for this.
You can start your free trial with Aaptiv now (Android/iOS).