Android Operating System gives you a huge number of facilities that you could try out on your Android device and the Apps are one of those maim part that gives flexibility to android device and you can download different apps for different purposes but using many Apps can make your Home Screen of your Android device a bit Crowder with apps shortcut than you would actually like it to be.
So if you want you can add some of the common app shortcut on the Status bar of your Android device that you usually use regularly and this can save much space from your Android device home screen.
And to add the apps shortcuts into your Status bar you can use a free app called Bar Launcher that will allow you to add apps shortcut to your status bar that is the notification tray on your Android Device.
Add App Shortcuts to Your Status Bar On Android Using Bar Launcher:
Now to add the app shortcut to the status bar that is the notification tray you will need to follow the tips below.
- First of all you will need to tap on your Google Play Store on your Android device and now on the Search bar you will need to search for Bar Launcher and once you get it you will need to download and install it into your Android device.
- Now once the installation of the Bar Launcher app is completed you will need to open and launch the Bar Launcher App or you can open the Bar Launcher once the installation is completed from the home screen.
- Now after you have open the Bar Launcher you will see the app blank because none of the app is not added still into the Bar Launcher now to add any app to the status bar you will have to tap on the + button on the Bar Launcher Window.
- Now once you tap on the + button you will be taken to a list of App which can be added to the notification tray and to add it you will just need to tap on the apps you want to add and once you have added you can again click on the + button to add another app.
- Now once you have added the apps in the Bar Launcher you can rearrange the list to your wish by just holding the apps icon and you can either move the app up or down and if you want to remove the app from the list you will just need to slide the app on the right side or the left side and the app will be removed from the Bar Launcher.
- Now you will need to activate the Bar Launcher to do it you will just need to slide the ON/OFF option located at the upper right side of the Bar Launcher Window and you will just need to slide the option to ON.
- Now once you swipe down the status bar down the apps that you have choose in the Bar Launcher will be displayed on the notification tray.
But now if you need further customization of how Bar Launcher displays the apps on the Notification try of the status bar you will need to follow the tips below.
- First of all you will need to tap on the three vertical dots located at the upper right corner near the Off/On button of the Bar Launcher and then tap on the Settings option.
- Now you will be able to change if the icon is to be shown in the status bar or change the priority of the app that is it will change the position of the app or you can change the arrow color by clicking on the Arrow color button.
- Choosing different thing from the above will give you different customization opportunity as if you have tap on the icon you can either choose to show it or hide it and if you have tap on the Priority you will be taken to different Priority levels as if you have tap on the Maximum Priority the app bar will be placed right above the notification tray or now if you have tap on the Arrow color you can change the color to either black or white of the right and left arrow displayed.
- Now if you want to add a new row to the Bar Launcher you will just need to tap on the Add row button under the three vertical dot of the Bar Launcher.
- Now you will need to add the name of the row and after that you will just need to tap on the Ok.
- Now if you want to rename the Row you will just need to long press the name of the Row and the rename option will appear and you will just need to change the name and click ok.
Well now that is all that you will need to do to add the apps to the status bar and now you will have lots of space left to add new application on your android phone.
About the Author: Ajay, a brilliant video editor, loves to write about technology column and optmization tricks. See his work on his blog, http://quedio.com