Microsoft Indic Input or Indic Input method Editor (IME) 1 (for Windows XP or below) and Indic Input 2 (for Windows 7, Vista, Server 2008 or above) are tools that give users a convenient way of entering text in Indian Languages using the English QWERTY keyboard. User can enter Lingual text in Office Applications, WordPad and Notepad on various Operating Systems. Tools have several common features like on-the-fly help, multiple keyboard layouts and toggling between Languages.
INDIC INPUT 3 IS OUT
Download latest version here –
How to write?
If you want word ‘भारत’ then you have to type ‘bhaarat’ i.e. Roman Hindi is accepted. Complex letters like ‘क्ष’, ‘ज्ञ’ and others have special input method via keyboard. A guide book (in PDF form) will help you. I can bet you can start typing Hindi with this tool within 5 minutes.
Available Indian Languages
Indic Input Tool is available in following Indian Languages –
Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil & Tamil.
How to use Indic Input Tool 2
1. Install Indic Input 2
2. It will appear left side of status bar clock
3. To toggle between Hindi and English or other language use “ALT + SHIFT”
4. When you will start typing On-the-Fly Help will appear on screen
4. You are done.
Download Indic Input Tool
Indic Input 2
|Who should use Indic Input 2?
Users working with latest operating systems should use Indic Input 2. It is suitable for –
• 32-bit version of Windows Vista or Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008
• 64-bit version of Windows XP or Windows Vista or Windows 7 or Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008
|Language||Vista/Windows-7 32 Bit||Vista/Windows-7 64 Bit||Help|
Indic Input 1
|Who should use Indic Input 1?
Users working with older operating systems should use Indic Input 1. It is suitable for –
• 32-bit version of Windows 2000 or Windows XP or Windows Server 2003.
• Indic Input 1 is NOT supported on newer versions of operating systems.
|Language||Windows XP 32 Bit|
Other Important Downloads
Other important software are available at on this official page ‘BhashaIndia – Download’.
I believe you’ll love to this tool.